1964 Original Shelby Cobra

Monkey Man":16ysc8tj said:
I think I might've heard something along the lines of, "Stanz, SiteClown, CharvelDan, honey, suck and blow harder, you bitch!" :LOL: :LOL:

Can't be 100% sure 'though 'cause the ground was shakin' with the combined noise of a 427 Chev and the Hoover action... :confused:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
BTW: A 427 is a ford cobra jet motor.

WGAF":3jkfiraa said:
Monkey Man":3jkfiraa said:
I think I might've heard something along the lines of, "Stanz, SiteClown, CharvelDan, honey, suck and blow harder, you bitch!" :LOL: :LOL:

Can't be 100% sure 'though 'cause the ground was shakin' with the combined noise of a 427 Chev and the Hoover action... :confused:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
No, the only Cobra Jet is a 428, created by putting high riser 427 heads and intake manifold on the 428 FE bottom end.

paulyc":1271jvww said:
WGAF":1271jvww said:
Monkey Man":1271jvww said:

No, the only Cobra Jet is a 428, created by putting high riser 427 heads and intake manifold on the 428 FE bottom end.

"Some Cobra 427s were actually fitted with Ford's 7-litre (428 cu in) engine, a long stroke, smaller bore, lower cost engine, intended for road use rather than racing."

"Others were powered by the "side oiler" Ford 7.0 L (427 cu in) FE engine equipped with a single 4-barrel 780 CFM Holley carburetor rated at 317 kW (425 hp; 431 PS) at 6000 rpm and 651 N⋅m (480 lb⋅ft) at 3700 rpm of torque,[12] which provided a top speed of 264 km/h (164 mph) in the standard model.

Sitedrifter":2zm2v2kv said:
Nope there is a 429 Cobra Jet and if I recall, the heads were actually hemispherical.
You Mopar idiot!

1969-dodge-daytona-429-18-don-white_1_a9afc2d75507cebe8c8d5a8ceefdd046.jpg

Sitedrifter":2ds91k7s said:
Nope there is a 429 Cobra Jet and if I recall, the heads were actually hemispherical.
That's a BOSS 429 with the hemi heads, the only Cobra Jet is a 428.

paulyc":1vrgek7u said:
Sitedrifter":1vrgek7u said:

Which was AFTER the demise of the AC Cobra. :thumbsup:

Ford: Fix Or Repair Daily
Ford: First On Race Day

Here's my peg leg. Has a 1987 Mustang 302 HO in the vid. It's currently on engine #3: crate engine from Summit Racing, another 302 HO. Ford shorty headers. It's my daily driver, weather permitting.

Correct on the Boss 429 - wrong on the Cobra Jet declaration. 429's came in both Cobra Jet and Super Cobra Jet versions. My first car was a '71 Torino GT, 429SCJ, 4-speed, Drag Pack with a 9" N-case rear. The fifth character of the VIN was "J", which meant Cobra Jet - SCJ's had no special VIN identification, but came fitted with a solid-lifter cam and other niceties. Mine also had the shaker hood scoop and was one of only 305 built with that combination of features, according to the Marti report. Wish I still had it...

Back