1992 Mesa Dual Rectifier Revision D #270 Price Drop

warhead78

Up for grabs is a rev D recto. This is a very early example as there are actually revision C amps built after this one. Sent to Mesa in '23 this one has a clean bill of health and is ready to rip. This amp sent a Hermansson recto packing so its a good one. Asking $5000 shipped net.

Last edited:
I had this one last. I sent it back to Mesa in 23 and it has a clean bill of health from Mike B. I had this alongside the F and the C and it was just a killer. I've never seen a lower serial D also.
Just curious, why’d you send it in for service?

Just a health check. The noise floor was a bit higher with EL34--which is common, and I wanted to ensure it was totally in spec. Also since Mike B always talks about hanging it up I try and get any rare or weird piece into him ASAP in case he pulls the door closed haha.
Gotcha… Unfortunately I never had the D and my C together, how’d they compare?

Gotcha… Unfortunately I never had the D and my C together, how’d they compare?
I definitely should've loaded them with identical tubes and compared. I Had el34 in my d and f and 6l6 in the C. It was jarring how much tighter EL-34 felt vs the 6l6. Maybe its just my ear. But, the D was a a tad darker on the red channel than the C. But the orange channel on vintage was way nicer on the D in my opinion than the C.

Back