2 point trem to Floyd, will it cover the old holes?

So fun fact, I am glad I tried putting this NFT floyd on my old body that had floyd posts because it required narrower spacing. That means any conventional floyd template I use is wrong and I have to go old school and measure this out and then make sure it all lines up. The NFT floyds don't have one flat edge so you have to be precise in where you drill. Turning out to be quite the learning curve but glad I am taking my time. Measure 6 times, then measure 2 more times and then drill sort of deal.

Reactions: Geo
And so it starts.. that old post was too close for the bit I needed so thanks to youtube, I'm going to have to plug/glue it, cut and sand it so I can drill the 5/16 required for the floyd screw. No templates exist for the non fine tuner floyd rose it seems so I had to measure and then hope for the best because I feel like my trem is ever so slightly off center. That's right, this is turning into an Ali Express guitar! I hated the old bridge so whatever will be, will be. Not sure why that small hole looks oval but maybe when I had to pull the old post plug. Either way it is getting drilled bigger so should be ok in the end... in theory lol.

20230124_171831.jpg

And so it starts.. that old post was too close for the bit I needed so thanks to youtube, I'm going to have to plug/glue it, cut and sand it so I can drill the 5/16 required for the floyd screw. No templates exist for the non fine tuner floyd rose it seems so I had to measure and then hope for the best because I feel like my trem is ever so slightly off center. That's right, this is turning into an Ali Express guitar! I hated the old bridge so whatever will be, will be. Not sure why that small hole looks oval but maybe when I had to pull the old post plug. Either way it is getting drilled bigger so should be ok in the end... in theory lol.

View attachment 157801
Be real careful about making that hole bigger . It's real easy to end up with a oversized hole even when you think you're being careful.

Be real careful about making that hole bigger . It's real easy to end up with a oversized hole even when you think you're being careful.
I'm totally butchering this project I have a feeling. I also think I used the wrong damn drill bit on that hole and it is too big for the thread. I messed up my bits. Put one down and screwed in the 1/4 over the 3/16. Looks like we are plugging and ha ing a do - over before she's scrap wood. Thank God this isn't a MIJ or USA strat or something.

Reactions: Geo
Back