$2000.00 for the Marshall AFD100?

I always laugh every time I read all that crap about Slash stealing the amp and then getting "stolen"
what a fucking crook
:LOL: :LOL:

that price was expected
the 2203x is $2200 and the kerry king was about $1800

I dig Slash. I think he is a soild player with some great old school attitude. However, his tone is simply Les Paul -> Marshall.

The AFD100 clips I've heard have sounded really good. Too bad Marshall is charging too much for the amp.

I would honestly buy a Ceriatone 2550 clone before I'd buy this. IMO there are lots of better tube amps in that price range. The Ceriatone is hand wired and way cheaper.

I love Slash's tone but would not buy this amp at all, (I do have a Gibson Slash Goldtop, nice guitar btw)
The price seams reasonable being a signature (priced up) amplifier.

I really dislike Marshall nowadays, so its a big NO in my case

glassjaw7":36uqp6wd said:
I would honestly buy a Ceriatone 2550 clone before I'd buy this. IMO there are lots of better tube amps in that price range. The Ceriatone is hand wired and way cheaper.

the jubilee is a completely different amp

AFD = 2203 (3 stages + cathode follower + regular marshall tonestack) + one extra stage
jubilee = 3 stages + diode clipping - cathode follower + weird tonestack

a SL-X with less gain or a Laney would probably get you closer to the AFD
his last album tone is mostly the jubilee anyway

The guitarhanger, they have cool stuff but $$$$$$$$$.

Slash is getting a devo and the dumbass did not have a pre-nump so look for that price to go up :LOL: :LOL:

IndyWS6":3abg7juq said:
For that kind of money, I'll take a Reeves Super '78 or a David Bray "50" Plexi style :thumbsup:
Hell yeah!!! Bray's 50 watter and his 45/50 with the rectifier tube sound amazing!! I'd love to have him build me a plexi with some push/pull knobs and a footswitchable extra volume.

IndyWS6":1e0al4cd said:
For that kind of money, I'll take a Reeves Super '78 or a David Bray "50" Plexi style :thumbsup:
Hell yeah!!! Bray's 50 watter and his 45/50 with the rectifier tube sound amazing!! I'd love to have him build me a plexi with some push/pull knobs and a footswitchable extra volume.

Honestly, with all the great builders out there these days I'm surprised anyone even buys new Marshalls anymore. :dunno:

Marshalls been a cock tease all year long with this amp, i wish they'd put up or shut up.

Whats the return policy on a "pre-order" just in case you don't sound like Slash?

only 300 being made for the US.... let know if you guys need em, got 8 coming into the store, will of course supply nice Rig Talk Brother discount! :rock:

dawnofdreamx97":32joff93 said:
only 300 being made for the US.... let know if you guys need em, got 8 coming into the store, will of course supply nice Rig Talk Brother discount! :rock:

Buy a marshall here, a charvel from Chub and your cooking :rock:

Back