4x12 cab questions

vchizzle

The newer 4x12 cab out there...there's not alot of info on them out there. Always wanted to try one but never have seen one.
How do they compare to other cabs?
Are they solid back? Seems I've seen a pic w/some type of hole/port in the back.
I thought I also saw a pic of the inside...2 braces from baffle to back.

Mine was ported/partially open with two supports. Sounded great. One of those pieces of gear I should have kept forever.

l_0f13e934c7994ed4924c29bcab0ea289.jpg

Not as tight but the BadCat tone doesn't really call for alot of thump. A little more open sounding and not as directional.

Damn, wish I woulda had the cash to grab the one that was local to me awhile back :cry: I would've got it just to have it if the funds were available.

lowmantotempole":3t9nkern said:
vchizzle":3t9nkern said:
The newer 4x12 cab out there...there's not alot of info on them out there. Always wanted to try one but never have seen one.
Are they solid back? Seems I've seen a pic w/some type of hole/port in the back.

I have a white fully closed back 4x12. It no $hit weighs in at 100 pounds... It has beaten down every other 4x12 I've owned. I absolutely LOVE the BadCat V30 speakers!!! My absolute favorite! I currently have 2 in my Wizard 2x12 closed back cab.

If it didn't weigh so much and I didn't live on the 3rd floor... I would take it to evey gig!

Have you ever compared it to a Bogner 412. I'm shopping for a new 412 and these two are @ the top of my list. The only hitch is I can't demo the Badcat, but I can test out the Bogner. Thoughts?

lowmantotempole":31zpyqkl said:
mpardy":31zpyqkl said:
lowmantotempole":31zpyqkl said:
vchizzle":31zpyqkl said:

I have a white fully closed back 4x12. It no $hit weighs in at 100 pounds... It has beaten down every other 4x12 I've owned. I absolutely LOVE the BadCat V30 speakers!!! My absolute favorite! I currently have 2 in my Wizard 2x12 closed back cab.

If it didn't weigh so much and I didn't live on the 3rd floor... I would take it to evey gig!

Have you ever compared it to a Bogner 412. I'm shopping for a new 412 and these two are @ the top of my list. The only hitch is I can't demo the Badcat, but I can test out the Bogner. Thoughts?

What kind of music do you plan on using it for? When I was gigging my Bad Cat cab, I was playing in a cover band and topping it with a Bad Cat Lynx head. A little overkill I know but extremely versitile.

What kind of speakers does the Bogner cab have? I have used my Bad Cad V30s in a few different cabs over the past few years. They hang tough with everything I use them for.

I currently have a Lynx Head as well. Type of music is sort of heavy rock, with some post punk influences, check out my band here http://www.myspace.com/badhabitsdiehardcalgary

The bogner is V 30's as well, and I can get it for about $350 less the the Badcat cab. Reason suggests I should go that route, but the ole heart would like a matching cab. That said, I'm not made of money, and that $350 could be put to better use and still have a righteous cab in the Bogner.

Back