6505+ vs Mesa Roadster comparison

c_tecks

I've compared these amps, but since the Mesa Roadster has 4 channels, I made two comparison video's.
The first one is channel 1+3 compared to the 6505+, second is is using channel 2+4.

Cleans are very different, Mesa is quite warm and dark, while the 6505+ is the other way around.

What do you think of the distortion of these amps compared to eachother?

Yeah, the Mesa sounds way more scooped, which is expected, I guess. I definitely the rawer, more in your face voicing of the 6505. Thanks for the comparison.

Two of my favorite high gain amps. the Roadster is more versatile but for overall "balls" I like the 6505 +
the blend of the 2 together (SYL used to do it live years ago) sounds great.

I like the concept of your comparison here, but I feel it does the Roadster an injustice. I've played Roadsters for years, and while they are "darker" than most Mesas, mine has never sounded that muffled. My old guitar bandmate use to play the 6505+ and it always seems very thin and fizzy, very one dimensional to me. But, that's why tone is very subjective, we all have different ears. Also, I'm not sure how much tweaking you did to the Roadster, but as I'm sure you're aware, that amp needs "dialed" in more than most amps. It's never been a set and forget or all knobs at noon type of amp. Mine reacted to ever room I played, it was almost as if it were a living machine. I think you could get them a lot closer if that was your comparison focus, but I don't think that was the point of your video. Thanks for the comparison.

Back