A Herbert-gmajor-decimator user tip

Lord Nelson

I was pulling my hair for a while trying to optimize my rig. I wanted to be able to switch the g-major in and out using the switchable loop since it affects my tone even when bypassed (at least to my ears). The decimator prorack had to go in the serial loop. The problem with this setup was that the gate cut off the delays. The solution was

switchable loop send --> gmajor input
gmajor output --> parallell return
and the decimator channel 2 in the serial loop

Now the gmajor comes after the decimator and can be switched in and out of the chain. The only problem now is that I get a (ground loop?) hum when using the gmajor and alot of gain, that can't be dialed out with the decimator. However, I only use that combination when playing lead, so in a band context it isn't really noticable

Have you tried using the gmajor in the parallel loop? There maybe some tone suckage but not near as much as the switchable serial loop. I would think by using the the mix knob and the level of the gmajor you should be able to set the level high enough that the delays don't get cut. I haven't tried that, so I'm just guessing though.

If you read the documentation that comes with the amp...or download it from the website, it explains the setup that you mention here, and a couple others.

Could've saved yourself some stress by reading the manual.

Back