jelly people be jelly. metallica are all still in great shape, and can still nail a 2 hour gig without looking like assholes. lars plays whatever he wants, and the band is loose sometimes, which is fine with me because we all know those songs, and how they're "supposed" to be played, but after 20-30 years, boredom sets in and they fuck around a bit, but you know they still smoke everyone with the depth of that catalog. even if you don't like anything after 91, you're still gunna dig the show, cuz the classics are coming out. its just like maiden. people wanna FIND something to bitch about with a band who is doing everything right.

Maybe I'm not old enough to understand. What's this fight they waged back in the day? Were they openly against making money? I'm guessing that getting the music they liked out to the masses was a big no-no. Ozzy has to be the king of all sell-outs. Kiss, they were never "unsold". I'm "only" 44, so evidently the battle had already been lost by the time I came around, so please enlighten me.

By continuing to post and judging by their content, you have at least 1 fuck to give. Sorry to say.
Right! I guess my one fuck to give was believing what Metallica portrayed themselves as back in the day. My friends and I thought they would be the one band that would never sell out. By selling out I mean compromising what you believe in. If they honestly believe in what they are doing now, they weren't being honest pre 1996. You can't have it both ways with any resemblance of integrity.

I find it hard to believe they woke up the next morning after playing with Lady Goo Gone and Hannah Montana looked themselves in the eye and thought now that's why I wanted to be a musician in this life.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm not old enough to understand. What's this fight they waged back in the day? Were they openly against making money? I'm guessing that getting the music they liked out to the masses was a big no-no. Ozzy has to be the king of all sell-outs. Kiss, they were never "unsold". I'm "only" 44, so evidently the battle had already been lost by the time I came around, so please enlighten me.

By continuing to post and judging by their content, you have at least 1 fuck to give. Sorry to say.
they always wanted to be successful, but on their own terms. ozzy has sharon telling him what to do, which ends up being him as a figure head of some successful entity (black sabbath reunions, ozzfest, new albums where young musicans make him sound good) kiss just wants to merch their brand. whats the big fucking secret here. you guys hold rock/metal music to heart like its fucking scripture. no rules to this game. its a dying genre, where the big names are dying monthly. it sucks, but thats the truth. the poeple who do step up to the plate to replace these guys, get no where near the same support they got in the 80s or 90s. why is the degression of rock/metal so hard for people to understand? it blows, and i don't want it to happen either, but its here. most young kids would rather be part of the hip hop/hood trash culture just to fit in. at least in detroit, that genre seeks out posers and fakes harder than the paul from exodus crew used to. they murder fakes, and shit talkers here. its well documented. we also murder people who get too big that we like. r.i.p. Blade Icewood, Proof, and countless other d-rap dudes because that scene is ruthless, and doesn't play online.

Last edited:
And that is on me...taking rock/metal music to heart like its fucking scripture at least with Tallica. My bad
oh come on, we all did when we were younger, but as life progresses, you should be able to understand musical progression. if you play the same way at 40 than you did at 19, god bless you. i still have that energy, but its not so brash. its selfish to act like YOUR favorite band owes you another album that YOU like. write one you like!

Last edited:
It's not the greatest of course but lifetime fan and and what time do you get up in the morning to go to work they get up whenever the fuck they want.

I think people assume the criticism leveled at Metallica is criticism leveled at ALL elder statesmen.

Not being able to assess this dividing line is what leads to posts like this.

People criticize Metallica for not writing anything worth a shit for 30 years; not because they're still active milking their name for money.

I've been a Metallica fan since 85'. I defend them because good or bad, they have taken chances AND always put thr fans first.

At this point, they could have just sat back and collected money on older songs. They put out some awesome box sets, really cool book about Master of Puppets with pics many of us never had seen. Tried things like playing metal with an orchestra, collaborations with other artists, comic books, etc. They didn't have to do any of that but did it to keep moving forward and have fun.

I'd rather have Metallica's old music I loved and get opportunities to hear new stuff I may like than for them to have hung it up after Cliff died. I haven't enjoyed every song they have done since then but there have been some songs I've really enjoyed like "Hardwired", "Moth I to Flame", "I Disappear", etc.

oh come on, we all did when we were younger, but as life progresses, you should be able to understand musical progression. if you play the same way at 40 than you did at 19, god bless you. i still have that energy, but its not so brash. its selfish to act like YOUR favorite band owes you another album that YOU like. write one yo

oh come on, we all did when we were younger, but as life progresses, you should be able to understand musical progression. if you play the same way at 40 than you did at 19, god bless you. i still have that energy, but its not so brash. its selfish to act like YOUR favorite band owes you another album that YOU like. write one you like! i was the biggest metallica geek in town too... at one point when i was 16, i had 28 different metallica shirts, and would wear them all in a row at school because people always fucked with me for wearing metallica shirts where i went to school. "metall-i-breath" "metallica sucks" "metalli-fag". ok.... well, i'm a proud fan. at age 40, you're the same hardcore fan, but with some perspective. like not everyone thinks like me, and they're threatend by me being so damn sure of myself of about ANYTHING, when most high school kids are lost as fuck.
I hear what you are saying, but if what Metallica has become is musical progression count me out.

Last edited:
Lol why does anyone even care at this point? Fuck it! They can’t do what they used to do. They aren’t mad anymore. Cash the fuck in!

Back