It’s ok to criticize things. Metallica ran out of creative juice a long, long time ago. But they’re icons. People still want to pay money to see them live. Good for Metallica. I stay pre-93 with their music, but more power to them for their longevity.

Walken-Cowbell.jpg

"Thats not bad fellas but i coulda used a little more cowbell" ...
Seriously good for them.

Last edited:
cognitive dissonance:

The state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.

I wish them all the financial success in the world. I hope it takes the sting away from selling out a legacy whose very foundation was built on the polar opposite of the way they operate today or the last 25 years for that matter.

I think it would've been funny if Jaymz would've brought out the old Jackson King V and had a Kill Billy Ray Cyrus sticker on the headstock when they played with Hannah Montana.

Last edited:
I get having to re-invent your image & music over 4 decades to stay relevant, not an easy task.
Problem with that is you run the risk of alienating segments of your followers.
Once down that road you compromise your principles of why you started and it becomes all about keeping "the machine" rolling.
My nieces generation doesn't do Metallica, alot of them don't even listen to music at all.

Maybe Phil Towle could help them out with their identity crisis. Ah fuck it why bother...

The chair was kicked long ago

Last edited:
so they should just fade to black? womp womp...

and yes they're better than motley crue,

i can not give any fucks about this though

Hey it’s their life let them play , but I do wish they cared about they’d performance chops more than it’s showing . Slash too on his solos . All these old classic guitarist ignore their chops at some point it looks like . EVH and zakk maybe the exception when I’ve seen all the bands live lately .

Hey it’s their life let them play , but I do wish they cared about they’d performance chops more than it’s showing . Slash too on his solos . All these old classic guitarist ignore their chops at some point it looks like . EVH and zakk maybe the exception when I’ve seen all the bands live lately .

Saw Slash two years ago and he was playing much better than 30 years ago. More precise, more technical, faster. Was quite surprised to tell the truth.

Naw man, Mars’s live tone DESTROYS Metallica’s. Real amps. Turned up loud. Well, maybe the vocals are better, but I don’t like the way Hetfield sings these days.
Side note - it’d be cool to see the ‘94 Crue do a reunion. Call it Corabi Crue, lol. Tommy and Nikki groove and Mick is a solid player. Corabi still has a killer voice and plays guitar. That’d be a great band to see live, imho.

e9598a981104aa5444c489ac1d74eb10.gif

We just got back from the east coast spending a week on the beach. We stopped for gas in Tennessee and there was a van & band there. Was easy to tell about 7 of them all dressed in black like wait staff with tattoos & bleached hair.
Part of me marveled that they could all fit in one van but most of me was glad it wasn't me.
That goes for 4am loadouts too.

Who cares how much money they have?? They’ve been selling out arenas since 85 and are probably the biggest merch band ever, I’m sure they were plenty loaded by the time they got mainstream success.

I wonder how people would treat them if they never changed musically, but were just as wealthy. Would people still say they're just in it for the money, call them fakes? Would they say Metallica was unable to evolve? Much like Slayer.. You know, knuckle-draggers, at least musically.

I take no issue with saying the goals/agenda of the band changed, as did their music. That type of evolution can be applied to EVERYONES life. As we achieve success, it would be pretty hypocritical to keep writing tunes about how you can't afford the soft toilet paper. Don't like the direction they went in? Understandable. Millions of fans would disagree though and making blanket statements like "they really should hang it up" or "I hope the money takes the sting out of selling out" is horseshit. You get into music for 4 reasons Creativity, $$$$, Sex and Drugs. That's it. I suppose, if you've achieved all that, you've sold-out. If you haven't, take pride in eating crackers for dinner and living out of your van.

If you've moved up, you too must have "sold-out" at some point in your life.
Personally I give zero fucks on how much money they make. When the people who I admire for having integrity do a U Turn and act like everything they fought against I take notice. If you dig that shit more power to you.

Saw Slash two years ago and he was playing much better than 30 years ago. More precise, more technical, faster. Was quite surprised to tell the truth.
This latest tour he was very sloppy and he’s main solo was sloppy blues . He didn’t rip at all . And seemed Richard did all the shredding that night . He was even hacking the slow November rain solos .Msybe it was just a bad night . But I was shocked because 2017 he was killer

Back