Alex Lifeson gives all his guitars away!

I got an email from Julians weeks ago with a catalog of his auction items.
Crazy amount of gear/memorabilia . Think there is 60 some pages in the Catalog.
Priced accordingly but nothing to stupid.

Good on him! Hopefully they go on display somewhere like Gilmour did and he can make a few hardcore Lifeson fan’s day by seeing them close up!

All my guitars are to go to kids who want one but can’t afford one. Just hope I have people that will make sure that happens when the time comes!

Couldn’t imagine letting go of them while I’m well and kicking, though, especially the long time ones. They were given to me by people close to me so there’s a lot of sentimental value there.

Awesome move. It makes me feel good giving gear to guys who need it. I could totally do it if I had his means honestly. You can't take it with you and the older I get, the more I realize I don't need special gear to get it done.

I can't imagine being Alex and parting ways with his 76 es335 man , when I think of Alex I think of him with that guitar. It's just a memory I guess but wow man I can't imagine ever letting that guitar go.

He's a bigger man than I but what an amazing thing he has done .....

Bravo Alex !

Sorry, the only person allowed to do that was EVH and that's because God demanded to know his tone secrets.
Yes. I have even run the bias up on my Rivera in half voltage mode and it worked.

Eddie was of the chosen.

Sounds like Alex is moving on from the past. I imagine he’s going to get new guitars for new experiences.

The guitars aren’t being given away to needy players, they’re being auctioned to the highest bidders.

But, the proceeds go to charity.

Alex is a generous and humble superstar.

Back