Almost made an Uber Mistake

steve_k

Funny story yesterday. Had a guy come look at my JCM800 and my Mesa DR heads. Couldn't make his mind up on which to buy. He then saw the Uberschall in all its metal grill glory and wondered if it was for sale. It was, if the price was right as I have pretty much settled into the VH4/Elmo M90 combination. Hadn't played the Uber in a while. Plugged it in to a 4x12, warmed it up and pulled out a Jim Root Tele in drop A and I let out a booming tirade of Slipknot "Everything Ends" for him. I was even looking for an adult Depends diaper as I was even shitting down both legs :shocked:. Turned it off and told him "not for sale". He ended up buying the Mesa DR and a Mesa cab.

WTF was I thinking :doh:. The Uber stays :thumbsup:.

Steve

steve_k":1v0gfh78 said:
Funny story yesterday. Had a guy come look at my JCM800 and my Mesa DR heads. Couldn't make his mind up on which to buy. He then saw the Uberschall in all its metal grill glory and wondered if it was for sale. It was, if the price was right as I have pretty much settled into the VH4/Elmo M90 combination. Hadn't played the Uber in a while. Plugged it in to a 4x12, warmed it up and pulled out a Jim Root Tele in drop A and I let out a booming tirade of Slipknot "Everything Ends" for him. I was even looking for an adult Depends diaper as I was even shitting down both legs :shocked:. Turned it off and told him "not for sale". He ended up buying the Mesa DR and a Mesa cab.

WTF was I thinking :doh:. The Uber stays :thumbsup:.

Steve
:LOL: :LOL: :rock:

Yep, when the Bones gets here, they probably all will get some rest!

The Ubershcall is a workhorse though. When used in combination with another head, I never use any FX in a loop (never have used its FX loop), nor do I run anything in front of it or even hook up the footswitch. It stays on the "holy shit" channel gained out and just churns out scooped, dropped-tuned riffage! Easy amp to set up, mark the levels on the EQ and never change them. Depending on the room, dial the presence in a little, but its not near as finicky as the VH4 or Elmo.

Steve

thegame":2wgsbz8q said:
Eh, it'll be gone soon enough. You know why ;)

The shipping weight of the Bones is 80lb. Damn, must have a lead chassis on it! This tops the Uber and VH4 in pounds/watt :aww: :rock:!

Steve

That's a beautiful story. Hopefully I'll feel the same way when my Uber arrives from UPS.

I too must be an "amp whore". It's so fun.

-J

Attachments

• Always Room For One More.jpg
    Always Room For One More.jpg
    586.9 KB · Views: 1,317
Dark Aardvark":2pisb57l said:
That's a beautiful story. Hopefully I'll feel the same way when my Uber arrives from UPS.

I too must be an "amp whore". It's so fun.

-J

I too am in "amp whore" mode at the moment.

Hmmm... A few of those pieces look VERY familiar.

Chuck

I am one to, Diezel Herbert & Einstein,Elmwood m-90,VHT CLX,65 Marquee. On the way the new uber and a costum made Goodsell. Other amps in the future to get are a Fortin natas,Diezel hagen,and a wizard modern classic and last would be either a marshall jmp or early jcm 800 both 100 watters to send to Mike Fortin to get moded... Dreaded disease, but once a whore always a whore. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wow, you guys are whores. :LOL: :LOL:

I don't know if I qualify, but I have 3 SLOs (maybe getting a 4th this week), A Wizard MC on the way, and a Suhr PT in the works. 3 preamps and 3 power amps. I might not have my own corner yet, but I'm working on it. :yes:

Back