Ampeg G412

guitarslinger

Check out this Ampeg solid state 4x12 COMBO I scored on Craigslist. :rock: :rock: :rock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

TheBeast.jpg

Digital Jams":2blorzta said:
Now what?????

Pick it up Goose cause guess who has a H3000 D/SX coming.............................. :rock:

More Post-ROck Ambient mayhem. Plus, I'm gambling on the possibility it might still have the stock Quad of Altec 417 Alnicos.

Congrats on the Eventide. :rock: :rock: You running a mixer in your rack?? :rock:

guitarslinger":3p1rgwd1 said:
Digital Jams":3p1rgwd1 said:
Now what?????

Pick it up Goose cause guess who has a H3000 D/SX coming.............................. :rock:

More Post-ROck Ambient mayhem. Plus, I'm gambling on the possibility it might still have the stock Quad of Altec 417 Alnicos.

Congrats on the Eventide. :rock: :rock: You running a mixer in your rack?? :rock:

That would be cool if it is loaded with the 417s :thumbsup:

Right now I still have the SM26 but will be talking with Zackman soon to figure out what to do to get that rack optimized :rock:

Hello, I found this thread when I did a search for Ampeg G412.

I have owned my Ampeg G412 which I purchased used back in the 70's

My G412 has a black shag like exterior which the previous owner stated is original and the way he bought it when new.

It kind of makes sense for the time that Ampeg might have released a small run or maybe a special order 70's (hippie style) amplifier.

It does look it was produced this way rather than someone modifying it later.

Has anyone scene anything like this or have any additional information?

Thanks!
Dave

Hello Gunslinger,

I think I have the same exact Ampeg Amp that you posted a picture after your purchase of it on craigslist. Does the your Ampeg G412 Amplifier have an original manufacture shag like exterior? BTW, See my original post below:

Hello, I found this thread when I did a search for Ampeg G412.

I have owned my Ampeg G412 which I purchased used back in the 70's

My G412 has a black shag like exterior which the previous owner stated is original and the way he bought it when new.

It kind of makes sense for the time that Ampeg might have released a small run or maybe a special order 70's (hippie style) amplifier.

It does look it was produced this way rather than someone modifying it later.

Has anyone scene anything like this or have any additional information?

Hey. I know this is an old thread but I saw some unanswered questions.

I do own this amp since the early 90s. It came with shag finish and I also saw a G-410 once that had the same shag.

I once was offered 200$ for a single one of the speakers by a speaker tech because "several" clients were after that particular model of Celestion 30W (and it was 20 years ago) so... selling it in parts might give more than selling it only as an old amp.

I have been using the cab alone with a tube amp for nearly 20 years (I am not really into SS amps) and it sounds wonderful.

Back