and the winner is.....

steve_k

for gigs this weekend, it was a tough decision on which amp to pack.......

a) CCV
b) Cameron Aldrich Mod
c) Cali Mod
d) Corndog

ding ding ding ding ding.......we have a winner - b) Cameron Aldrich Mod just because it is so fucking brutal, no loop, simple and keeps that Marshall sizzle with mucho mojo. my lonely little pedal board just has a tuner and a Timefactor on it for an all Metallica gig.

creeping death
for whom the bell tolls
enter sandman
master of puppets
seek and destroy
sad but true
fuel
die my darling
whiskey in the jar
the memory remains
blackened

steve :rock:

steve_k":25t7md22 said:

a) CCV
b) Cameron Aldrich Mod
c) Cali Mod
d) Corndog

ding ding ding ding ding.......we have a winner - b) Cameron Aldrich Mod just because it is so fucking brutal, no loop, simple and keeps that Marshall sizzle with mucho mojo. my lonely little pedal board just has a tuner and a Timefactor on it for an all Metallica gig.

creeping death
for whom the bell tolls
enter sandman
master of puppets
seek and destroy
sad but true
fuel
die my darling
whiskey in the jar
the memory remains
blackened

Nice :rock:

I always liked Whisky in the Jar :D

joepete77":3n2bs536 said:
What is the corndog? All metallica except for die my darling and whiskey in the jar :D

well, metallica covers anyway :) got to have some misfits and thin lizzy in there :rock:

slipping in a tool song too.....46&2 just to make sure people are paying attention :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Corndog is the Cornford MK50H II.

I'll be unleashing my Corndog this Sat at our show... and also covering Whisky in the Jar and Bellz.. along with some Loverboy, AIC, Sevendust, Bryan Adams, Shinedown, Van Halen, Jason Aldean(insert joke here), Fuel, Collective Soul, STP etc... yeah, we cover a ton of ground and genres... the fans and friendz dig :rock: Keep rockin :yes:

You guys both running the Cornfords with Scumbacks? Which ones? Huh....have you tried V30's, which it what it is designed around? They're doing it as pine front loads as well.

Yeah..I run my MK50II thru 4x12 loaded with Scumback M75/H75 65watters in x pattern.. Im almost positive Steve runs the same setup but with 25 watt Scumbacks. Believe the Cornford Cabs (which are Pine) come stock with V30's.

No I haven't....and don't have any around.. I am anxious to hear the Corndog thru them though.. Would like to see how the mids are handled thru those speakers. The Cornford thru the Scumbacks sound great!!

That unique Martin Kidd(MK) mid structure is very prominent and you can get the huge bass that fucker delivers as well, with (broken in) V30's, and the clean sounds great. I have a Cornford RK 2x12 pine cab too. I don't know but the resonance of the pine really gets the single notes singing. I think that's what he was shooting for. Pine-There's something to it. Front loaded though, you better have your chops up. :LOL: :LOL:

steve_k":tyysu36r said:

a) CCV
b) Cameron Aldrich Mod
c) Cali Mod
d) Corndog

creeping death
for whom the bell tolls
enter sandman
master of puppets
seek and destroy
sad but true
fuel
die my darling
whiskey in the jar
the memory remains
blackened

Any chance of recording a clip? Would like to hear the amp(any of those amps) in a live mix. Especially Creeping Death, Blackened or 46&2.

We didn't set anything up to record. Will see if anyone caught any iphone vids. That would all depend on where they were standing, although it was all mixed at the FOH.

Got an outdoor gig next weekend for the HOG Rally. Will try and set up for that. Gonna probably roll out the CCV or Cali for that one. They will both have more headroom for destroying the silence outdoors....

you running the Time Factor right into the front of a gained out head? Did you have to make some different patches? Only asking b/c I have not been able to make this work for me. It would be a godsend if I could.

thenine":12yv75sq said:
you running the Time Factor right into the front of a gained out head? Did you have to make some different patches? Only asking b/c I have not been able to make this work for me. It would be a godsend if I could.

Straight up front. I use the factory installed Twin Delay and the Vintage Chorus patch. Those two get me through. Make sure your Kill Dry setting and mix setting in the Global settings are correct.

Back