Any MC II users here?

cragginshrd

I owned a Hybrid last summer, but found the ch 1 crunch was tough to dial in and the ch 2 although solo bliss it had too much 'modern metal' voicing for the riffing I like. Curious about the MC II amount of gain on ch 1 and 2, similar amount as hybrid? More upper mids too?

I owned a Hybrid last summer, but found the ch 1 crunch was tough to dial in and the ch 2 although solo bliss it had too much 'modern metal' voicing for the riffing I like. Curious about the MC II amount of gain on ch 1 and 2, similar amount as hybrid? More upper mids too?
I have an MC25, so not exactly an MCII, but I find myself wishing CH2 had a bit more gain on tap and it definitely delivers high mids. I usually run CH2 unboosted with the gain a little less than 8 on the index marker and I'm getting something close to or slightly more saturated Darkness levels of drive. Have you played any other Wizard variations that you could compare your Hybrid to in terms of mid voicing? I'd really like a Hybrid and have heard is sits nicely btwn the MCII & MTL but if it's closer to that low mid MTL vibe I may want to look elsewhere.

MCII will have more upper mids compared to the hybrid. The voicing isn't all that different between the two though IMO. Had them both side by side. It's just a bit more upper mid grind with MCII. Gain is essentially the same.

MCII will have more upper mids compared to the hybrid. The voicing isn't all that different between the two though IMO. Had them both side by side. It's just a bit more upper mid grind with MCII. Gain is essentially the same.
What about ch 1? On the Hybrid is was really tough dialing that ch in. Bright knob on back had to be really low like 2 or it was super painful

Also i never understood saying the hybrid has the MC 'power section' The pre amp is where your gain voicing is so how does saying it has the Power amp section of the MC going to effect anything in the tone or gain character?

Thanks!

Last edited:
What about ch 1? On the Hybrid is was really tough dialing that ch in. Bright knob on back had to be really low like 2 or it was super painful

Also i never understood saying the hybrid has the MC 'power section' The pre amp is where your gain voicing is so how does saying it has the Power amp section of the MC going to effect anything in the tone or gain character?

Thanks!

I never found either amp ch difficult to dial on either amp. I ran bright at noon to 3 o'clock most the time and presence, contour, treble really high too and it was perfect with the rest of my chain for what I like tone wise.

I never found either amp ch difficult to dial on either amp. I ran bright at noon to 3 o'clock most the time and presence, contour, treble really high too and it was perfect with the rest of my chain for what I like tone wise.
Is the 'Contour' a depth/Thump feature of sorts for the low end? Thanks for all the feedback!

Thanks, no manual as far as I remember. Apparently there is a 2-3 build time from the day he gets my deposit. Just on the fence right now cause I like my Kitchen sink amp and won't keep both

Back