Anyone own a Park amp?

psychodave":25fy5kz3 said:
stephen sawall":25fy5kz3 said:
Any of the old "Marshall" amps are great. What ever you do if you find one do not modify it. It's like putting a boob job on a 80 year old women. There are enough amps around that can be modified with out messing up these classics.
Nah. I drilled my 72 SL for another preamp tube, drilled for some switches in the back. I like the basic Marshall tone, but the amp needed more.

There are a lot more Super Leads around. :) Besides I still stand by my thought that there are a lot of other amps around to modify. All the amps that have already been modified and all the clones. Plus there is the fact that as time goes by any amp that is completely stock well be worth a lot more money. Once it is modified it is changed forever and even if the amp is reverse modified they never sound the same. I never thought a stock 59 Les Paul would be worth more than $3000. Look what one goes for now.

droptrd":1dl48cv4 said:
Whats NARB? Another Jim Marshall off shoot brand?
There were only a few made by Ken Bran, (Jim Marshall's head engineer) and they are like 100 watt Tremolo Marshall heads but the clean tone is deeper and more Fender like and the tone controls are more responsive. Takes pedals really well apparently. It'll be cool to try it next to some of the older Marshalls this shop has. They also have a tricked out SLO and some Cornfords.
The Twin Cities have some of the coolest shops in the whole country! Wish I still lived there.

I have one, think it was made in 1980. It is pretty much just a late 70s 1987 type. They made some other ones that had a cascaded gain stage or something like that around that time.

glassjaw7":oezug4go said:
Found another rare Marshall creation I'll be able to try in MN. :D
narb.jpg

http://www.solidbodyguitar.com/narb.htm
Wow!!! look whats hiding behind those things...
That place has some very cool stuff in there :rock: :rock:

JTyson":1y3fmbew said:
glassjaw7":1y3fmbew said:
narb.jpg

Yeah, that's where I tried Cornfords and Bareknuckle Pups for the first time. They have one of the actual Marshalls with the laydown tranny from the "History Of Marshall" book too. :thumbsup:

And then there's Willie's Guitars in St Paul. TONS of old Fender and Gibby guitars, and old highly sought after collectible amps and what-not. I'm telling ya, the Twin Cities is absolutely stellar when it comes to guitar shops. Even the GC's are good! At least the one in Roseville, MN is. Cool dudes work there who actually know about good gear and they don't follow you around and try to shove a sale down your throat. And they'll set up any gear in the "amp room" and let you crank the fuck out of it!

Thats awesome, we dont have much here anymore, GC has closed em down, and the GC in mobile sucks

psychodave":151r7y8a said:
JTyson":151r7y8a said:
glassjaw7":151r7y8a said:
narb.jpg

No shit. The blues breaker looks original vith the correct pin stripe grill cloth. A few coffin logo amps, a nice block logo in the back ground too. Bottom left is something cool too...look at the super old top vent. :thumbsup:

Check out the site guys. http://www.solidbodyguitar.com They have all kinds of awesome new and vintage stuff. Including a '59 LP Standard for $119,000 :scared:

?wmode=opaque" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true">
\

sorry about the lights, but apparently we only can offord 1 lighbulb?

glassjaw7":3o9mtar2 said:
They have all kinds of awesome new and vintage stuff. Including a '59 LP Standard for $119,000 :scared:

I had one when I was a teenager and sold it it for $3000, thinking it would never be worth more. :doh: The guy I sold it to died and his son completely fucked it up. Striped it, removed the pickups, routed it replaced the bridge, etc. I just about cried when I saw it again 12 years ago. He had no idea what he had. :cry:

tituba":32a2sn7z said:
?wmode=opaque" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true">
\

sorry about the lights, but apparently we only can offord 1 lighbulb?

:thumbsup: