Anyone running a Bogner Blue Pedal into the clean channel as their crunch tone?

bikerdude2

I’ve read reviews where they say it’s close to the XTC blue channel. Thinking of running it into my clean as a extra channel for my Atma. Just wonder if it has the same amount of gain as the blue channel..

I don't know how close it actually is to the blue channel on the Ecstasy amp, but I would expect that since it is called the "Ecstasy Blue" that it wouldn't be worlds apart.

I have one, and into a clean amp with the boost off its a bit less than a JCM 800 I'd say, with the boost on it can pump out a lot of gain, well beyond 800 levels.

In summary, Boost off gets you up to Malcolm Young, Boost on gets you Zakk Wylde +

I run one into a Bassman. It can get up to hard rock levels of gain, and some decent classic metal tones. Anything past that as stated above, I'd go with the Red. Also, I find this pedal very choosy about pickups. I find that it sounds great with single coils..still sounds good with humbuckers but for some reason it shines with my tele. I personally do not like using the Blue as a boost with a high gain amp either, I feel as though it shines more on a clean platform

I run one into a Bassman. It can get up to hard rock levels of gain, and some decent classic metal tones. Anything past that as stated above, I'd go with the Red. Also, I find this pedal very choosy about pickups. I find that it sounds great with single coils..still sounds good with humbuckers but for some reason it shines with my tele. I personally do not like using the Blue as a boost with a high gain amp either, I feel as though it shines more on a clean platform
Enough gain without the boost engaged, for say, REO Speedwagon Riding the storm out live tone?

Oh yeah for sure. In fact that is what I would say it excels at...that type of tone.
Just what I’m looking for. Channel 2 on the Atma gets as heavy as I need it to be. That’s the tone I’m looking for to cover the lower gain classic rock we do.

I run one into a 66 Princeton reverb and 68 bandmaster reverb..feels like another amp channel,not a pedal. It's great. I dnt set it for maxed out gain, I set it for a nice clear medium/ low gain that still retains that chewiness that the xtc is known for..If you want rediculous gain, get the red...I own an xtc amp too..blue pedal has some of the xtc vibe,but the xtc amp is king

Had them both.
The Red definitely has more gain, and while it does sound pretty impressive for a 9V pedal, the Blue is definitely the more 'amp-like' of the two.
I always wished the red gain knob could go a bit lower and that the blue could go a bit higher. At this point should have probably gotten the blue, but my red is not going anywhere, fills a niche for when I need it.

Thanks guys. Just got mine today, and also got a
XTC 25 today, so what better time to compare the two? Ran it into the clean channel, and I am very impressed! I agree, if
It had a little more gain, that wouldn’t suck! But it does everything I wanted it to. Love having a separate level for the boost volume! Sounds close to a xtc to me, and def feels like a amp.

Have to say, not a fan into the clean of the Atma. Sounded way better in the clean of the XTC 25, but using it there would be redundant! 😂

Back