Anyone swap speakers in their OS 2x12?

thiswaythatway

I know Thump put in some Warehouse 65's. Anyone else? That OS 2x12 seems like it would be a great fit for some Greenbacks, or maybe the V30/H30 mix. I don't mind V30's, but they're not my favorite.

I've tried V30/75, v30/EVM12L, 2 EVM12Ls. All sounded good & all were better than just v30s.

The 65's would be my pick, since the Greenbacks would be dangerously overpowered... by the XTC, of course.

I've got an Avatar 2x12, but I've tried a V30 / H30 combination and it sounded excellent. Just use the XTC on the 50w setting and you're all set. Definitely had a more 3D sound to it where 2 V30s are a little more flat. I do like the V30s though; I find that the tone is better for me with the V30s because with the 2x12, I can put a little more power into them.

danhops":iikzs829 said:
65 watters in mine.

I'm tempted to try a Warehouse 65. I had 2 celestion 65's in an Avatar cab and i wasn't too thrilled with it, but the V30/65 mix seems like a good fit.

No XTC for me. I'll be using a Mark V on this cab. :rock:

Of course if i had $3000 fall into my lap, a MarkV and an XTC would cover a lot of ground. :)

psychodave":q1qjoa5f said:
You heard my OS 2x12 (not bogner, but mojo) and it has 2 early 70's greenbacks in it. It FLAT OUT KILLS!!!

I like Greenbacks in the room but I've always had a hard time recording. I'd rather use V30's over Greenbacks for just throwing a mic up on a cab.

Interesting thing about the Bogner cab compared to the Mojo/Avatar is the Bog weighs 20lbs more.

danyeo":1xkio7x5 said:
Interesting thing about the Bogner cab compared to the Mojo/Avatar is the Bog weighs 20lbs more.

Thats going to change the tone substantially right there.

Mine has 2 75's in it as I bought for the black grille cloth .Sounds like undefined ass .The v-30's in the other one sounds much better.Got 2 Avater vintage 2v12's one with g12h30 and a greenback and the other with a V-30 and a g12h30 .at some point I'm going to put them in th Bogner just 2 see what it sounds like .Funny ,I really don't care for the v-30's but I like them will My Cornford and Einstein.

I can tell you from my experience that they sound very different. Bogner sound walks all over Avatar sound IMO.

I have always found that mixing speakers gets the best results. I tend to lean toward a lower wattage British sounding speaker for added grit and push in the midrange ,and a high wattage speaker for percussive bass and clear highs no additional breakup. No one speaker can do it all so I pretty much try to follow this rule of thumb when outfitting cabs with any speakers.

I have a Port City 2x12os with an Eminence Wizard (75 watts) and a Swamp Thing (150 watts) in it and it kills.

psychodave":23ju3qy3 said:
You heard my OS 2x12 (not bogner, but mojo) and it has 2 early 70's greenbacks in it. It FLAT OUT KILLS!!!

Same situation here, I threw 2 greenbacks in my Egnater 2x12 it sounds great. Obviously I can't use full power but nonetheless it's the sound I'm looking for. I am searching for a Bogner 4x12 with or without speakers. I'll be using a quad of greenbacks in that bitch.

I took the V30/CL80 out of mine (When I had one) and put a couple of late 70's blackbacks in it, and it sounded incredible. IMHO.

I put a pair of my blackbacks in mine - sounded good. I ended up putting the V30s back in and the blackbacks back in the 4x12. I like both cabs for what they are. I guess I'm one of those people that doesn't hate V30s...

I have an OS 2x12 that I'm using with an Egnater M4 preamp and a VHT 2502. It has V30s in it and they're a bit fizzy. They are new so I know that has alot to do with it. If they don't smooth out a bit over time, I'll probably change them. I have a pair of CAA 1x12 cubes with Eminence Gov's in them and I really like those. I may try them in the OS. Getting the back off of it is a bitch though.

Dave

I ordered a pair of WGS ET-65 speakers to throw in the OS Cabs, wonder how it'll sound with my XTC Classic. :thumbsup:

Back