Anyone tried BG Pickups?

I've had the Hellabucker and BG Bucker Dark. Both are great pickups, different though. The EQ for each is not so scooped that you have to adjust for it. The main difference is the Hellabucker is hot enough that it compresses a bit quicker, and doesn't clean up as well. I'd go for the Bucker Dark first, it has more clarity and is still plenty hot.

I haven't played a Lizard but it gets raves from everyone who has. Killer cleans and smooth gain leads.

ericsabbath":3pnka5ab said:
http://www.norcalguitars.com/about.html

this is so full of win :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Love this part:
"We disassemble many, many old radios for the classic old wire that gave these old beasts their distinctive tone. once we have gathered enough of this ancient wire, we take it to the sacred salvage yard and sell it so we can buy new reliable hookup wires for your magical transducer."

Big fan of Bryan's pickups, got them in all my guitars. Variety of clips here if you're interested- http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?s ... ue=orourke

I've had a hellabucker and a dark in the bridge position of my DC135, I dug the hellabucker but wanted something that would clean up better and have a bit more high end cut. The BG dark is my favorite pickup, absolutely killer for all things rock and metal and splits very nicely in my H/S/S guitar for some convincing strat type tones. :thumbsup:

I am a big fan as well :thumbsup: I have a Dark Bucker in my Ibanez SZ320 and LOVE it. My buddy has a regular set of buckers in an EC1000 with coil splits on each one and it sounds great as well. Bryan is a super nice guy to deal with as well! :thumbsup:

Anymore opinions on the bg pickups? I am interested as well. I have ordered a lizard neck and thinking about a dark bucker bridge.

Thanks for the comments guys. Also, thanks for the clips O'Rourke, sounds great. You can tell they are nice, high quality, articulate pickups. I ordered a set to check out. :rock:

Back