Back to Mesa…Mark VII

Meanjoegreene

Wasn’t expecting to dig the Mark VII so much but it’s super cool. Definitely different than my other amps. Not as complicated as I expected and pretty easy to dial in so far.

Any suggestions are very much welcome. Channel 1 and 3 are great. Still figuring channel 2 out but that might end up being the clean tones with 1 being more for low gain stuff.

The Crunch mode is surprisingly great, don’t skip it.

IIB mode is brilliant and unique within the Mark series. It’s a great low/mid gain sparkly/bright cleanish distortion tone, especially for single coils, but it needs to be dialed way differently than the IIC+ or IV modes with which it shares a channel. Basically, with the IIB mode, ease up on the Treble and Presence to balance how bright the front end of the channel is.

Last edited:
The feel of the amp is great. I’ve had other Mesas but this feels more like a bouncy Marshall than the Recs I’ve played.

Definitely less of a playing adjustment than I was expecting.

The Crunch mode is surprisingly great, don’t skip it.

IIB mode is brilliant and unique within the Mark series. It’s a great low/mid gain sparkly/bright cleanish distortion tone, especially for single coils, but it it needs to be dialed way differently than the IIC+ or IV modes with which it shares a channel. Basically, with the IIB mode, ease up on the Treble and Presence to balance how bright the front end of the channel is.
great amp from sparkly or plump cleans to early boogie vibes all the way to modern fire.

as a previous IIB owner that mode on the VII was nostalgic reminding me of my years with my amp, but with more control and flexibility.

The title made me think you were bummed because you had just got a VII and had to send it back to Boogie for a problem already. 😂

The title made me think you were bummed because you had just got a VII and had to send it back to Boogie for a problem already. 😂
No, ha ha…hope not anyway

I’ve had a tremoverb for a while and never bonded with it. Same with the other Recs I’ve tried. Good amps just just not for me.

Never tried a Mark amp before other than briefly plugging into the Mark V. The Mark VII has been really fun to play and a great choice for modded Marshall guys like myself that wanna branch out a little.

Definitely digging this more than the Rec type Mesas ive played

No, ha ha…hope not anyway

I’ve had a tremoverb for a while and never bonded with it. Same with the other Recs I’ve tried. Good amps just just not for me.

Never tried a Mark amp before other than briefly plugging into the Mark V. The Mark VII has been really fun to play and a great choice for modded Marshall guys like myself that wanna branch out a little.

Definitely digging this more than the Rec type Mesas ive played
Gotta boost them Recto’s

Probably right but I usually like going straight in if the amp has lots of gain…or maybe a boost for solos to make leads easier. I’m able to do that so far with the Mark 7. Seems to keep the feel more intact.

Back