Badgerplex EP

frankie5fingers

Lots has been written about the preamp section of the old Echoplex units. This is one of the few that have that section offered as a pedal. This one lets you dial down the boost and turn the buffer on and off. It's made (ultra-clean build quailty) with TIS58, Orange Drop, Carbon Comp etc., with an internal voltage doubler to 24V. Specs are fine but the polish it adds to your sound is why you want one. This is a must have. It's added a roundness and sparkle to my tone that didn't realize I was missing. It gives a kind of strength and body to the signal that you won't wnat to do without once you've heard it. It's far better than what I expected it to be. I haven't tried the other's offerings, but if they all use the EP type cicuit, this one, or one like it, should be on every pedalboard.

Completely agree with you. I play indie rock, and have a custom Strat going through a Badgerplex, then to a Doctor Z KT45 and a Vox AC30. The Badgerplex comes in so handy, and like you said, adds a sparkle (and if wanted, slight grit) to your voice that is a pleasure very hard to live without after heard. I have been running the pedal through only my Vox just recently, and it opens up a whole new range of voices to my collection.

Back