Votes: 1 7.1%
  • NO

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • WOW

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • OTHER

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Good point... it's working for now and I haven't used the right position on the S-Switch.

It's also about $500 to ship it both ways so... I'm debating if I want to spend that. TourSupply here has an amazing tech Randy, so I may make one last effort to have it fixed locally before I pay that much for shipping and whatever else needs to be done.

~ss

Might want to ask him to make sure and look over everything and make sure the amp doesn't have missed solder joints, wiring barely connected and soldered, etc.

Good point... it's working for now and I haven't used the right position on the S-Switch.

It's also about $500 to ship it both ways so... I'm debating if I want to spend that. TourSupply here has an amazing tech Randy, so I may make one last effort to have it fixed locally before I pay that much for shipping and whatever else needs to be done.

~ss
Bro - ShipNerd.com
Way cheaper rates for UPS

First post so be gentle...

I got my amp serviced because it was making a terrible cracking/hiss/squealing sound and they replaced two power tubes. Great... but when I got it back it's making a hiss much louder than it was before the tubes were replaced. I sent this clip to several people with BE-100's and all of them said this was much louder than theirs. So I took it back to the Service shop to have them double check it.

Any one experience anything like this? If so what was the fix?

BE-100 Hiss

BE-100 Sqeal Before the tubes were replaced

Ps: I emailed tech support and they said it seemed normal but I don't think they turned the volume up ha

EDIT: I put an ISP decimate in the FX loop and that completely eliminated the hiss. Still think it's not normal but at least it's gone. I'm also sending it to Dave for some mods and a tune-up after the first of the year.

Thanks in advance!
~ss

It is not normal high gain amp is that noisy. Skilled amp tech is able to fix the issue.
Check the wall voltage at your home, the current level is sometimes too high, and can make damage in the compinents of your gear. I am using european version of Brown box voltage regulator+ Audiolab DC blocker. My amps are running much quiter, and sounding better. And the temperatur of my amps are not as high as before the volt regulation.

Last edited:
It is not normal high gain amp is that noisy. Skilled amp tech is able to fix the issue.
Check the wall voltage at your home, the current level is sometimes too high, and can make damage in the compinents of your gear. I am using european version of Brown box voltage regulator+ Audiolab DC blocker. My amps are running much quiter, and sounding better. And the temperatur of my amps are not as high as before the volt regulation.
Tried all that with no results... I put an ISP in the effects loop and that took care of or masked the hiss.

I ended up trading the BE-100. Since then I played a couple of other BE-100's that were noisy but did not have that hiss any where close to the one I had. Sounded amazing but something was up with that amp.

~ss

Tried all that with no results... I put an ISP in the effects loop and that took care of or masked the hiss.

I ended up trading the BE-100. Since then I played a couple of other BE-100's that were noisy but did not have that hiss any where close to the one I had. Sounded amazing but something was up with that amp.

~ss
Did you decide against sending the amp to Dave for the mods?

~ss
I am not amp tech, but according the logic if the noise was missing after the ISP in the loop, the noise is coming from the preamp.
The art is building high gain amp with low noise level.

Back