BE-OD pedal V1vs V2

Coltranye72

For those that have played with these pedals, is an upgrade to newer version worth it for 2nd channel and the Mid control? Thank you

I had both. I actually liked the BE OD more. I didn't think the Mid control was important (turn the Mids up on the amp) and the Tight control was a 3-way switch on the V2, while it was a variable knob on V1.

I’ve got the V2 in front of a non-MV ‘72 Marshall. It gives you a legit 3-channel amp. Clean, dedicated rhythm, and dedicated lead with independent gain and master for each. Ive owned several ‘amp in a box’ pedals and the V2 BE is extremely natural and organic sounding. I love mine.

It still lets me down that they took the coolest thing about the v1 pedal, the Tight knob, and downgraded it into three position switches for v2. It’s definitely a control where tweaking it to just the exact setting you want pays dividends.

If they made a v3 that was exactly like v2 but brought back the Tight knobs, they would have arguably one of the best amp-in-a-box petals of all time.

The tight knob is something I am not willing to give up. Maybe I'll sell a couple of pedals to fund the V2 rather than sell the V1. Thank you to everyone.

Back