Best place online to look for members for working band?

WhiteShadow

If you were starting from scratch, and were going to use the internet to look for musicians for a working cover band, what sites/resources would you utilize, and do you have any good tips for finding drama-free, professional guys?

If you were starting from scratch, and were going to use the internet to look for musicians for a working cover band, what sites/resources would you utilize, and do you have any good tips for finding drama-free, professional guys?
Depending on where you're at there may be a Facebook page...PDX has a pretty active Portland Musicians FB page with people advertising all the time

Craigslist & Facebook.

We have local FB group for gear selling and musicians/bands wanted, there's a ton of clowns on there, but I know a lot of legit players who keep an eye on those groups as well.

I meet a lot of hopefuls on CL, but none who follow through when it gets serious. Lot of talkers. I filled in this Saturday night for a band I've never met except for the drummer. Never rehearsed with them. Didn't know what I was playing until I showed up. Did the whole 18 or so song gig. I'm ready to fvcking go.

Free Ones...

Get a harem of hot chicks to dance around while you play and loop/backing track everything else. That will get the people in the door to see you and you might catch some musicians looking at the chicks and can lure them in that way. Just a thought. :)

Either way, you have an audience and some street cred.

I would personally start by looking on the gear page. That's where the cream of the crop hang out. They know literally everything about gear. Are mostly woke so they are hard to offend and easy to get along with and quickly admit if they are wrong. They often exhibit playing skills far above their peers on other forums and are willing to help point out mistakes other players make in their gear choices. Most of em have grab and go rigs for when they get called to a last minute session to. Just a real good group of guys over there all in all. Throw up a thread with your band covering some cream or ccr and wait for the IMs. These guys are next level though so when you approach you better come correct.

Back