Better pictures of my modded Charvel Wildcard and...

A

Anonymous

Here are some better pics of my new Charvel Wildcard #6 I modded...

I put in a cream Dimarzio Super D hum, a cream Dimarzio HS-3 single, a Hipshot chrome covered solid brass hardtail, EVH zero friction pot, san dimas brass volume knob and san dimas brass strap buttons. I also put in a brass string tree, brass ferrules on the back and planet waves locking tunes. Had to fill the holes from the old tuners, sand, steel wool and lemon oil the back of the headstock after filling the original tuner screw holes, then install the locking tuners...

0000 steel wooled, the neck, frets and fretboard, Lemon oiled everything then hit is with the steel wool again once it was dry...

Required some "customization" of the HS-3 to fit the route (had to cut off some plastic) - same with the Hipshot (needed to drill new mounting holes, but all is cool now...

Anyway, here ya go:

tang_1.jpg

tang_2.jpg

tang_3.jpg

tang_4.jpg

tang_5.jpg

tang_6.jpg

tang_7.jpg

Oh... and what we have here is the rarest of the rare... (rarer than pineapple express :LOL: :LOL: :)

apocalypse.jpg

Steve

donbarzini":3jbl1ajq said:
the guitar came out great!
I've definitely been spoiled by the playability of the Custom Shop stuff, but this thing is damn nice now... I can still feel the difference when I pick up my Custom Shops though... Gonna leave this one up in NoCal at my office for when I'm up there every other week...

Steve

donbarzini":ml29sxc4 said:
that HS-3 must be getting drowned out by that Super D
Yup. But I do love the sound of that HS-3...

Steve

donbarzini":1b1vi3i9 said:
sah5150":1b1vi3i9 said:
donbarzini":1b1vi3i9 said:
that HS-3 must be getting drowned out by that Super D
Yup. But I do love the sound of that HS-3...

Steve

never heard one in the neck, you should also try the old Virtual Vintage 54, not the new Pro one. I played one at 70strathead's place and I liked it more than the HS-3.
Thanks, I'll check it out...

Steve

yngzaklynch":2elxf1ib said:
How about a video of both? How is that amp?
No videos for you!

I could tell you about the amp, but then, I'd have to kill you...

:LOL: :LOL:

Steve

Between what you have done and Curt's modded charvels he is selling I am having a tough time keeping with my no gear policy, that guitar looks great!

That cameron amp looks very cool as well :thumbsup:

i remember what that amplifier looked like before, you did a hell of a job on the faceplate and tolex design. bravo :LOL: :LOL:

now, if only a link to a soundclip of that thing would appear in this thread somewhere :D

Looks killer Steve. I have to say I haven't stopped thinking about the tone of your Henning SAH-100. Possibly the best modded Marshall type tone I have EVER heard. I still want to hear it in my studio, but it was so much fun to play through.

Chubtone":3tu2r0if said:
Looks killer Steve. I have to say I haven't stopped thinking about the tone of your Henning SAH-100. Possibly the best modded Marshall type tone I have EVER heard. I still want to hear it in my studio, but it was so much fun to play through.
Glad you liked it man. I'll get it back to you to try out recording soon. I'm glad you finally got a chance to play through it - really seemed to suit your playing!

Steve

Awesome looking guitar Steve! I dig it with the creme pickups quite a bit. That being said, I still wish that particular Wildcard had a tremolo...

Back