Blackmore modded for EL34 bias rec?

DoctorTim

I have an E650 Blackmore that was modded to take el34 (I don’t know what was done - it came used like that). I guess this makes it pretty similar to an E651 Artist model. Anyway, I’m gonna sell it so I pulled the NOS SED Winged C and put in in JJ EL34L. Does Engl bias at 70%? This is my current reading on my Eurotubes bias tester. I’m pretty new to this - what bias do you recommend?

97AA16AB-04DE-4C8F-ADE3-C81B38FF861A.jpeg

Not sure what ENGL biases their amps at from the factory, plus your is modded. In general 70% is a good number to go with and the standard recommendation / rule of thumb. If anything, put that tubes are biased at a typical 70% in your listing and let the buyer determine if they want to change it.

If you haven't already, you may want to ask this in the main forum. You'll probably get more responses.

Not sure what ENGL biases their amps at from the factory, plus your is modded. In general 70% is a good number to go with and the standard recommendation / rule of thumb. If anything, put that tubes are biased at a typical 70% in your listing and let the buyer determine if they want to change it.

If you haven't already, you may want to ask this in the main forum. You'll probably get more responses.
Good advice, thank you.

Back