Keeping The Amp!! - Bogner Ecstasy 3534

grrr_me_scary

The Bogner Ecstasy 3534 might be the BEST sounding amp you have every played with an AMAZING tone!!

My own personal experience and opinions about the amp might be considered bias so it would be better for you to read through all the positive comments and reviews on this site:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Ecstasy3534--bogner-ecstasy-3534-35-watt-3-channel-tube-head
You can find additional discussions about this amp throughout this forum.

The Bogner Ecstasy 3534 was purchased BRAND NEW in May and it is still BRAND NEW with only about 2 hours of play time on the amp (look at the pictures of the amp).

It has been kept in the box since the recent purchase of the amp.

It comes with the 4-button footswitch (I'll provide pictures of it later since I have to take it out of the box again to take the pictures).

The price is $1950 PayPal Family/Friends and includes being shipped/insured within the USA.

You can check on here for any negative feedback from my previous Member Classifieds where I had sold high-end gear as well as check my eBay seller account for any negative feedback (all positives).

If you can meet in person around Anaheim, California (and I can drive an additional 20-30 miles), then I can drop it to $1850 cash since there would be no need to ship it to you.

The purchase price will be over $2700 after taxes so this is an excellent way for you to save a LOT of money!!

It really is BRAND NEW and I am only selling it at a HUGE loss so I can get the funds to purchase a new KSR Colossus.

Bogner Ecstasy 3534 Amp Head Features:

1) 35-watt, 3-channel tube amp head with classic Bogner tone
2) Channel 1 features independent Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, and Gain controls
3) Channels 2 & 3 feature shared Treble, Middle, and Bass controls
4) Channels 2 & 3 feature independent Volume and Gain controls
5) Global Presence control enables you to custom-tailor your overall sound
6) 3-way Excursion switch controls speaker cabinet dampening
7) 3-way pre-EQ switch for each channel controls the openness and presence of higher-range harmonics
8) Boost switch adds extra drive and grind to your playing
9) 4 footswitch-accessible sounds range from crystalline cleans to crunchy blues to raging distortion
10) Tube-buffered effects loop makes integrating your pedalboard a breeze
11) Line-level output is ideal for feeding your favorite IR loader
12) Beautiful Black Head Case

IMG_6017.jpg

IMG_6018.jpg

B2.jpg
IMG_6025.JPG

IMG_6020.jpg
IMG_6014.jpg

IMG_6015.jpg
IMG_6028.jpg
B1.jpg

Last edited:
I really want the KSR Colossus due to all the midi options and four channels so I hope you will check my past posts in the Members Classified (and eBay) for any negative feedback.

I had sold many high-priced amps: Diezel VH4 (stereo and non-stereo versions), Diezel Herbert, Diezel Einstein, Diezel Hagen, KSR Colossus, KSR Gemini, KSR Artemis.

I had even set up "layway" plans for many of them where I had allowed payments over a year's time and then shipped the amps once they were paid off :)

They would have definitely complained on here about me if there were any issues!!

Killer deal on what I consider to be one of the best, most underrated and overlooked amps out there. I own a ridiculous collection of high end amps and I enjoy my 3534 as much as any amp I own. GLWS!

Killer deal on what I consider to be one of the best, most underrated and overlooked amps out there. I own a ridiculous collection of high end amps and I enjoy my 3534 as much as any amp I own. GLWS!

Yeah, I completely agree with you and I decided to not "bump" this listing again until I had some time playing on the amp (I had only played on it for about 2 hours previously and I felt it sounded pretty damn good initially "dry" with no effects and a keeper but I wanted to make room for a KSR Colossus).

If it sells then it would be shipped in the Bogner box and it does come with the 4-button footswitch (I have provided pictures of them now as well (I had to take it out of the box again to take the pictures and I decided to play on it again)).

IMG_6022.JPG

IMG_6116.jpg
IMG_6118.jpg

Well, I had connected everything back up and inserted some effects and I was rather shocked at how good it sounded at low volumes.

In fact, the 3534 may be one of the best sounding amps I've ever tried at low volumes.

It doesn't sound choked or neutered at lower volumes at all, and in fact, it retains a very "juicy" tone at the lower volumes.

I thought it sounded pretty damn killer especially at low volumes which is rare for most amps.

Definitely, a LOT of fun to be playing in the home office!!

If it sells then I would purchase a KSR Colossus as planned but if not then I would be very happy to keep it and play on it some more :)

Plus I really don't know how long it would take Kyle to build me a Colossus (he is on vacation right now and he will be doing catch-up for some time and then he will be ......) so I should probably keep the 3534 and play on it until I actually receive the Colossus especially since I am listing it at a super low price right now to get a quick sale (I didn't "bump" it for two weeks since I was worried someone would PM me to get it and I would feel obligated to sell it, lol).

I was considering bumping it for a local cash sale at $1800 and a PayPal Family/Friends option at $1900 but then I played on it again at a low volume and now I would say that I am even more conflicted about actually listing/selling the amp.

I will probably only bump it here and there so that it wouldn't sell too quickly and give me some time to change my mind about selling it :cool:

I'm really not in a rush to sell it and I should probably just keep it especially with a long wait time for the Colossus but here is a Wednesday bump!!

I thought I should update this thread since I am definitely keeping the Bogner 3534 because I was able to make my KSR Ares have additional channels and midi channel/amp switching using the AXE FX XL+ and the MFC-101 so I really don't need a KSR Colossus (the only reason I wanted to put the 3534 up for sale).

Plus I believe I have better sounds now out of the KSR Ares than what I could get out of the Colossus.

Also, I thought the Bogner 3534 sounded pretty killer already but after I placed an EQ pedal in the effects loop then I found it was taken to a whole new level!!

If you have one (or going to get one) then you must try an EQ in the effects loop :cool:

I really want the KSR Colossus due to all the midi options and four channels so I hope you will check my past posts in the Members Classified (and eBay) for any negative feedback.

I had sold many high-priced amps: Diezel VH4 (stereo and non-stereo versions), Diezel Herbert, Diezel Einstein, Diezel Hagen, KSR Colossus, KSR Gemini, KSR Artemis.

I had even set up "layway" plans for many of them where I had allowed payments over a year's time and then shipped the amps once they were paid off :)

They would have definitely complained on here about me if there were any issues!!
Why did you sell the Colossus if you want one? Curious.

I have a 20th Shiva and love it and want an amp that also has 4 accessible wounds from the pedal board but is more aggressive than the Shiva.

Tops my list are the Revv Gen Mk III and KSR Kolossus.

The XTC looks nice but worried it wouldn't sound as big as the big XTC.

Why did you sell the Colossus if you want one? Curious.

I have a 20th Shiva and love it and want an amp that also has 4 accessible wounds from the pedal board but is more aggressive than the Shiva.

Tops my list are the Revv Gen Mk III and KSR Kolossus.

The XTC looks nice but worried it wouldn't sound as big as the big XTC.
I didn't want to sell the Colossus (I only had it a few days) but my friend Bill had asked me to sell him the amp since it would take Kyle about 8-12 months to make one for him since NAMM just ended and Kyle had a lot of other orders to first complete.

The main reason I sold it to my friend was as a favor to Kyle since my friend said he could get Joel from Killswitch Engage to try out the amp and get a Rhodes/KSR endorsement.

I was told it would be made up to me later, lol.

I ended up getting an KSR Artemis II and a Gemini about a year later and I planned to get a Colossus again.

I did end up selling my 3534 since I forgot to take down my listing on CL and someone offered me money right after I purchased a Mesa Boogie Mark V that I ended up liking more than the 3534 for some songs I was writing at the time.

Interesting... Thanks.
I sold my Mark V. Just didn't like it. Crunch channel was insanely bright and I found it hard to get the tones I wanted for gigs.

I'm looking at Bogners, Revv Generator, maybe Mesa TC-100 and a few others.

Interesting... Thanks.
I sold my Mark V. Just didn't like it. Crunch channel was insanely bright and I found it hard to get the tones I wanted for gigs.

I'm looking at Bogners, Revv Generator, maybe Mesa TC-100 and a few others.
I had used a Mark V in my band when we first started playing together and it sat well in the mix especially with the other guitarist being on a Rectifier (they complimented each other).

Once we went over to just a single guitar player then I decided to try some other amps to see how they sounded in a band setting (KSR, Diezel, Marshall, etc...) and I started to feel nostalgic as soon as I played my old Marshall rack rig so I sold off the Mark V but I regretted it due to selling it for way too cheap and it was the tone/sound I had used to write all of our previous material.

I did find that I liked the Crunch channel on the Mark V but it might have been due to swapping out the preamp tubes, replacing the EL34's with KT77's, and the way I had everything set up.

However, my favorite channels were the Clean and Lead channels.

The Mark V that I had recently purchased sounds great in clean, crunch, and lead.

I have never played the 3534 in a band setting and I have never owned the big XTC so I am not able to provide a comparison but the 3534 sounded great at low to medium loud volumes.

I did keep the channel volumes higher and the fx loop volume lower to prevent the effects loop noise issue (as suggested by Bogner after I emailed him about it).

I like the Mark V for an original band I was in but not for covers. That said, I preferred my PRS Archon for tone and ease of use.

I could not get the Crunch channel to do what I liked. I ended up hating channel 2 although I got one good medium gain tone from it for rhe metal band I was in at the time.

I got tired of the constant tweaking of the EQ as well.

Does the 3534 have a built in boost? I love that about Bogner and Suhr amps, great internal boosts.

Looking at a Revv Gen Mk III and some KSR amps too. I don't do much modern metal these days but now and then it's fun to do. We do more Alice in Chains type stuff or 80s metal. Now and then I'll pull out some newer heavy stuff. My modified Dual Rectifier does this well but thr amp needs some volume.
My Archon does it well too but is limited to mostly clean and modern metal. The loops is somewhat noisy and seems to lose volume and get muddy when engaged.

Oddly my Dual Rec was showing this behavior as well but I plugged in the other night and it was fine. Go figure.

I like the Mark V for an original band I was in but not for covers. That said, I preferred my PRS Archon for tone and ease of use.

I could not get the Crunch channel to do what I liked. I ended up hating channel 2 although I got one good medium gain tone from it for rhe metal band I was in at the time.

I got tired of the constant tweaking of the EQ as well.

Does the 3534 have a built in boost? I love that about Bogner and Suhr amps, great internal boosts.

Looking at a Revv Gen Mk III and some KSR amps too. I don't do much modern metal these days but now and then it's fun to do. We do more Alice in Chains type stuff or 80s metal. Now and then I'll pull out some newer heavy stuff. My modified Dual Rectifier does this well but thr amp needs some volume.
My Archon does it well too but is limited to mostly clean and modern metal. The loops is somewhat noisy and seems to lose volume and get muddy when engaged.

Oddly my Dual Rec was showing this behavior as well but I plugged in the other night and it was fine. Go figure.
The 3534 does have a boost and I found I liked it engaged once I had turned down the gain on the blue/red channels since it adds some gain to the tone.

I have a Road King that did the dropped volume and getting muddy recently when I was using the effects loop and I was worried there was an issue with the amp.

I found enabling the reverb fixed it (and I leave the reverb turned completely down since I am using the reverb from effects units).

I resolved the loop on my Archon. Added a him eliminator and it's quiet now. Volume drop I think was my noise suppressor in the loop. The loop is extra sensitive to that, and isn't an issue in other amps. I love the Archon to be honest and may keep it.

Back