Bogner + Egnater <switching question>

jimosity

I want to be able to use both my Bogner head and my Egnater M4 preamp.
I'm using Axess Electronics GRX4's and have had great success with them when I was using multiple preamps and switching between them, but it seems that it's not working as I had expected with the new setup that I'm trying to do.

I want to be able to split up the preamp/poweramp section of my XTC head, putting the Bogner preamp section in one loop and the Egnater preamp into another loop. Then run everything thru the poweramp section of the Bogner.
There would always be at least one preamp loop on - either the Bogner or Egnater.

I had run my cabling like this:
Guitar into GRX4 Input
Loop 1 send to Bogner Input
Loop 1 return from Bogner FX Send
Loop 2 send to Egnater Input
Loop 2 return from Egnater Output
GRX4 out to Bogner FX Return.

I have the loop turned on in the Bogner, but I get nothing but clean tone no matter which preamp loop I have turned on. It's like the guitar is running straight into the FX Return and no preamp tone is coming thru at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Let me answer my own question since nobody else was able to and I've found the solution, in case someone else runs into a similar situation.

I'm using three Axess Electronics pieces with my rig, the AC8 to control the Bogner head, the BS-2 to split my guitar signal (buffer is disengaged) and a GRX4 to switch between preamps.

Thanks to Mario @ Axess for helping me out.

The way the cabling runs is this:

Guitar to BS2 Input
BS2 Main out to Bogner Input
BS2 ISO'd out to Egnater Input

Bogner FX Send to GRX4 Loop 4 Input
Egnater Output to GRX4 Loop 4 Return
GRX4 Loop 4 Output to Bogner FX Return

With Loop 4 off, the Bogner preamp section is engaged.
With Loop 4 on, the Egnater preamp section is engaged.
All running into the power section of the Bogner.

Loop 4 on the GRX4 needs to be used since it's not wired the same as Loops 1-3, which was my initial problem. A GCX would have worked better for this apparently, but I wanted a non-rack space solution and already had a couple GRX4's.

This setup is the most basic and no effects are taken into consideration - I wanted to make sure the switching worked first.
Now; to complicate things, but make them far more versatile, I ran it this way:

Guitar -> Wireless -> AxeFX Input
AxeFX Loop Send to BS2 Input
BS2 Main Out to Bogner Input
BS2 ISO'd out to Egnater Input
Bogner FX Send to GRX4 Loop 4 Input
Egnater Output to GRX4 Loop 4 Return
GRX4 Loop 4 Output to AxeFX Loop Return
AxeFX Output to Bogner FX Return

With this setup, I have the ability to use the AxeFX for both preamp tones and effects, or engage the FX Loop and place it anywhere in the AxeFX grid (to allow placement of pre and post FX) and use either the Egnater or Bogner preamp tones.
All of which get sent back to the Bogner power section.

I'm using the Ground Control Pro to control all of this.

Now, I get a tad bit more hiss when the high gain channels on the Bogner or Egnater are used this way, but that's due to the AxeFX and there are posts on the Fractal forums about these issues, so once that's resolved, it should be an incredible setup.

Back