Bogner Fish with Diezel VH´s poweramp

borkincz

Hi guys,

I´d like to ask for help, with my dilemma. I have now at home Bogner Ecstacy 101B with 4x12A Bogner cabinet and my VH4 with 4x12 Diezel frontloaded, both with V30.
Both amps are top class. But.. I like VH4´s that modern fat bass bottom... and chnnel 1 and 2 I didn´t found on Ecstacy.. ( but trully... the chnannel one on Estacy is more variable IMO).
But I also like that Ecstacy´s third channel modern rythm distortion..its some kind of wall of soud.. really hi modded Marshall, that I really love. And I love that Marshall´s flat woody type of sound of Ecstacy.
And here is the question. I can´t have both half stacks because of money. So I tried to go Ecstacy´s preamp into VH4´s poweramp with settings I liked on Ecstacy, but the sound was too muddy and presence on VH4 didn´t help (and ofcourse it was sett to match with VH4 channels settings). So I had to turn treble on Ecstacy preamp to more to open them and the sound was ok (not exactly that Ecstacy´s sound.. but enough Bogner type of sound for me)... That woody flat Marshall kind of sound was there and that kind of Ecstacy´s distortion too!!!
So I´d like to aks, if anybody tried out Bogner Fish preamp in VH4´s power amp, because, the Fish preamp has its own master volume and presence on output stage of preamp, and that could maybe solve the problem.. and with VH4 and Fish preamp I can have both sounds..the Bogner´s and Diezel´s . I can not have both amps with both cabinets.. but VH4 with Diezel cab and Fish..I think a can find out money for it...

Any advise will help and tell me ofcourse if I am not MAD :D :D

I tried a couple different power sections with my Fish. First the Mesa 2:90. Sounded too muddy. Then through my Mark III, was better becaause of the EL34 and 6L6 but my favorite was in the power section of my Warhead X2. I personally think that the Fish through a good solid state power section is the way to go. Just my opinion though.

I ran my Fish through the power section of my SLO, 5881s. The problem is that unless you are just unGodly loud and really cooking the tubes you aren't getting a whole lot from the power section. So, I think you have to like the Fish itself, and not count too much on the power section shaping it's tone. Of course it will a little, but I don't feel it will add, or subtract, very much. So, what I'm trying to say is if you already like the Fish, and the VH4, you will be happy pairing them up.

Tone Merchant":iz9jl3bg said:
Ill put my fish through a vh4 today and give u some feedback. :rock:

b
Ohm, thanks!!! Let me know!! I am really interested, how it will work and I don´t know the Fish.. never played it..but know Ecstacy 101B... so if the Fish with VH4 will work well--and will give me that feel of the Ecstacy..it wil be great :)

ok i hooked up the fish through the vh4. The trick is to control your overall volume with the fish volumes. this allows u to mix in a good deal of tube amp distortion. I put the master on the vh4 at around 10oclock and the master on the fish around 2oclock. I got incredible results and was blown away. I was pushing the output of both the fish and vh4. really killer sound. i like the vht 2150 a little bit better. But, thats been my sound for years and im use to it. Hope this helps

Tone Merchant":8d9m4ft5 said:
ok i hooked up the fish through the vh4. The trick is to control your overall volume with the fish volumes. this allows u to mix in a good deal of tube amp distortion. I put the master on the vh4 at around 10oclock and the master on the fish around 2oclock. I got incredible results and was blown away. I was pushing the output of both the fish and vh4. really killer sound. i like the vht 2150 a little bit better. But, thats been my sound for years and im use to it. Hope this helps

Thanks a lot Rob. Did you have to put the presence on VH4 more up, than on usual presets on VH4.. or the presence around noon or one oclock was ok? And if you have ever played Ecstacy 101B. Do you think, that I´ll find with Fish and VH4 a lot of Ecstacys tones too, in this way? I looked about money and found out, that I can have VH4 and Ecstacy and one of the cabinets.. Bogner A or Diezel frontloaded (both V30)... or Vh4, Fish and one of the cabinet. So my decision is now, what to have of that two..Ecstacy 101B or Fish

Back