BOGNER XTC Red Channel Pre/Post 2004 Gain Mod w/pics

FortinAmps

Hey Everyone,

This topic was brought up recently. I just wanted to share this with everyone. I performed this mod today for a buddy of mine. It took about 20 minutes to do. I removed the Low input jack, jumped the Low tip connections on the pcb, installed .22uf/2.7k/1M across R12. Wired up the switch across the 1M to engage the Red channel post 2004 gain mod. No popping when switching between the two gain modes, no extra holes and easy to convert back. Sorry about the photos, it was taken with an iphone. The best of both worlds. All fun stuff :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Mike

XTC_Front.jpg

XTC_gut.jpg

Thanks !

It's very easy to do, so if anyone is interested in performing this to their XTC and need a little help of whatever....I'll be glad to help :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Mike

FortinAmps":11qb8m4p said:
Thanks !

It's very easy to do, so if anyone is interested in performing this to their XTC and need a little help of whatever....I'll be glad to help :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Mike

You f-in ROCK MAN!!!!!!!! :rock: :D

I don't know about this mod???!! LOL just kidding Mike :LOL: :LOL: Enjoying your old Elmwood M90 and looking forward to trying out a Fortin one day! Best, Steve

johnnyjellybean":3dul7x3i said:
I don't know about this mod???!! LOL just kidding Mike :LOL: :LOL: Enjoying your old Elmwood M90 and looking forward to trying out a Fortin one day! Best, Steve

Hey Steve :D Good to hear that you're digging the M90. I've got your contact info and I'll be sure to let you know the next time I'm in Montreal.

You'll have to let me know how things go at the Wizard booth at NAMM :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Mike

FortinAmps":2n4l9yoz said:
Thanks !

Cheers,
Mike
Hi Mike, great work!

I'm interested in trying this mod, except I would like to try switching between the stock post 2004 gain mod and the "Uberlike" mod (.68uF/10k) that BrentSP did. I'm familiar with the red update .22uF/2.7k that piggybacks R12, but where does the 1M come into play to prevent popping?

Also, I assume I could use a spare holes on the back, like one of the missing optional line out controls or missing A/AB option if it's ok to have a longer length of wire? Is there a particular wire that should be used, like is that shielded? Thanks a bunch Mike!

Mike, Looks like an easy mod to do. Is it possible to get a cleaner shot to see exactly where the wires go?

Thanks! :rock:

FortinAmps":2hehdfhr said:
Hey Everyone,

This topic was brought up recently. I just wanted to share this with everyone. I performed this mod today for a buddy of mine. It took about 20 minutes to do. I removed the Low input jack, jumped the Low tip connections on the pcb, installed .22uf/2.7k/1M across R12. Wired up the switch across the 1M to engage the Red channel post 2004 gain mod. No popping when switching between the two gain modes, no extra holes and easy to convert back. Sorry about the photos, it was taken with an iphone. The best of both worlds. All fun stuff :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Mike

XTC_Front.jpg

XTC_gut.jpg

Back