Boomer Bends

...I call Polyphia "Millennial shred" and there's no negative connotation there...

This is right. It's just the sound of the way a lot of guitarists of specific generations play. However I think boomers get way more offended at being called boomers than millennials being called millennials.

I posted this in that gear page thread and I'll post it here too:

I mean, we all know what Henson is talking about. I understood what he meant instantly and thought it was hilarious and right on the money. And the rest of you did too. If what he said wasn't accurate, it wouldn't be offensive because it wouldn't make sense. It would simply be confusing. But everybody knew exactly what he meant, which basically means his description was exactly right.

The big slow bends from like the 4th to 5th note, and from the 7th note up to the octave, and then nothing else happens for a while except those big "emotional" bent notes? Those are boomer bends. The boomeriest bends (btw which I, even though I'm not a boomer, also like to use every now and then because sometimes they're perfect for the moment).

The problem is that a lot of boomers are like, overall the most sensitive people in the world next to militant islamic insurgents and a lot of them simply cannot handle being ribbed even the slightest bit. They can dish it out all day long but the minute somebody so much as replies with something other than "yes sir" then all hell breaks loose.

It's the Black Lives Bullshit/Antifa nonsense brought to by blue haired little Millennial fags in skirts and leggings!

ok, boomer.

Last edited:
Might consider being
This is right. It's just the sound of the way a lot of guitarists of specific generations play. However I think boomers get way more offended at being called boomers than millennials being called millennials.

I posted this in that gear page thread and I'll post it here too:

I mean, we all know what Henson is talking about. I understood what he meant instantly and thought it was hilarious and right on the money. And the rest of you did too. If what he said wasn't accurate, it wouldn't be offensive because it wouldn't make sense. It would simply be confusing. But everybody knew exactly what he meant, which basically means his description was exactly right.

The big slow bends from like the 4th to 5th note, and from the 7th note up to the octave, and then nothing else happens for a while except those big "emotional" bent notes? Those are boomer bends. The boomeriest bends (which I, even though I'm not a boomer, also like to use every now and then because sometimes they're perfect for the moment).

The problem is that a lot of boomers are like, overall the most sensitive people in the world next to militant islamic insurgents and a lot of them simply cannot handle being ribbed even the slightest bit. They can dish it out all day long but the minute somebody so much as replies with something other than "yes sir" then all hell breaks loose.

ok, boomer.

My parents are boomers. Nice try tho cupcake!

Honestly I don't mind the composition from these guys but their tone drives me nuts and I can only listen to it in small doses. Sounds like a nintendo...

Also the whole edgy young guy shtick starts to wear thin when the guy talking is closer to 30 than 20
I wonder if or when Tim becomes a man he will look back and cringe on the edgy kid look . It is a bit much . Hip hop rocker look

ok, boomer.
Zoomers are the greatest cancer this planet has ever witnessed and you're a prime example of it.

ZoomerFortniteDance.gif

To everybody reading this thread... remember at the top of this page where I posted:

Just read the next handful of posts immediately after that to see exactly what I'm talking about. lol

Last edited:
What’s a boomer bend ? I can listen to his playing but can’t stand his edgy cool you interviews . So I have not watched

I‘m a millennial but I consider myself an old soul. I like all music but like bluegrass, deathcore, and classic rock. What I always play and hum in my head is old 80’s riffs.

So what if my playing has bends that the current generation frowns upon. People still enjoy music written with them and as with all things music, as long as it’s not overplayed and done with feeling to the song then I don’t see the problem. In all honesty, proper bends with wide vibrato arent exactly done correctly by a lot of new players anyway - it’s short, a nervous wiggle, or simply out of key.

I think he have nice skills, but his music is like a soundtrack of a japanese video game, which is probably the reason kids get hooked.

I like this video, even if there are various cuts :D Boring to listen for me, but appreciate the effort. Hope he can play it in a row :D

Back