Boomer Bends

Asserting that people in various categories of immutable characteristics (age, race, gender, sex, etc) think homogeneously is doing nothing but ripping us apart.
At its root, this is a communist tactic that seeks to divide people into camps that can be pitted against one another for electoral/political reasons. Whereas the old Marxists used class to divide people, the new Marxists use age, race, sex, etc.
THAT’S where all this dividing people into camps is coming from. It started on college campuses decades ago, and now it’s mainstreamed into popular culture. Everyone can be whittled down to their race, gender, or sex. Screw individuality.

2c72f7e2b5c389d852c8d32ec599f25701a6a5fa8296f0e700411d1389fc206b_1.jpg
:hys:

Last edited:
Asserting that people in various categories of immutable characteristics (age, race, gender, sex, etc) think homogeneously is doing nothing but ripping us apart.
At its root, this is a communist tactic that seeks to divide people into camps that can be pitted against one another for electoral/political reasons. Whereas the old Marxists used class to divide people, the new Marxists use age, race, sex, etc.
THAT’S where all this dividing people into camps is coming from. It started on college campuses decades ago, and now it’s mainstreamed into popular culture. Everyone can be whittled down to their race, gender, or sex. Screw individuality.
BINGO!

Last edited:
I think he have nice skills, but his music is like a soundtrack of a japanese video game, which is probably the reason kids get hooked.

I like this video, even if there are various cuts :D Boring to listen for me, but appreciate the effort. Hope he can play it in a row :D

String slapping is the worst sounding technique ever devised. It's annoying enough when a bass player does it, even more annoying on guitar. I slipped into this, briefly, while practicing my finger picking back in the 80's. Fortunately, I was able to correct myself before it become an engrained component of my repertoire.

I think this is broadly true when applied to the current discourse happening in society at large right now, but might be a bit overwrought for what's being discussed here in this guitar forum.

I think it's perfectly fair to say that in general, the majority of bands from any given point in history have a similarity to their sound based on when the music was recorded. Listen to a collection of rock music from the 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's and most people interested in music will be able to guess about when each record was made. Nobody would naturally think "Carry On My Wayward Son" was recorded in the 2010's and nobody is going to think Periphery's "Select Difficulty" was recorded in the 70's.

This is not a criticism of either, by the way. It's just something that is broadly noticeable over time. All kinds of factors influence this stuff, everything from what else is popular at the time to the limitations of the technology and recording techniques available.

Another important thing to note is that "boomer bends" isn't an insult on its face. Sure, the word "boomer" has become something of a pejorative to some people over the last few years though so yeah some people were going to take offense to it. But really in the context of how Tim Henson said it, I think it was obvious that he was just trying to quickly come up with a description of a playing technique that actually was widely adopted by a particular group of people during a particular point in time, and it was more popular to them at that time than it has been before or since due to a number of factors.

I don't think Tim Henson was trying to "divide the guitar playing community" or whatever. Hell even Beloved YouTube Boomer Rick Beato knew how he meant it and invited Tim onto his show to have a discussion about it after the fact where they both laughing about it by the end.

Hey, braintheory-bro…
I don’t know where your post went, it looks like it got deleted but yes, Up here in Canada we pronounce it the same way ‘Boo-mer’…
I’m not overly sensitive at all with the term tho.
I am a ‘boomer’, but I very rarely hear the term used out of anyone’s mouth with any sort of high IQ level…
99% of the time it’s used by someone much younger with low IQ level and poor vocabulary, trying to put forth a negative spin on someone (a boomer) to get a laugh from other people.
Very, very rarely do you hear the term Boomer used in a positive context.
Just my experience👍

Last edited:

Does this guy know how to play anything other this shitty sounding slap/pluck technique? Boomer bends? He should be so talented. He's better-off criticizing techniques that are beyond his ability... If he tried string bending, he'd probably snap his wrist.

Last edited:

Does this guy know how to play anything other this shitty sounding slap/pluck technique? Boomer bends? He should be so talented. He's better-off criticizing techniques that are beyond his ability... If he tried sting bending, he'd probably snap his wrist.

His basically suffering from the same condition that 99.9% of guitar players suffer from these days.

Being pretentious.

His basically suffering from the same condition that 99.9% of guitar players suffer from these days.

Being pretentious.
Exactly. I watched a video of his band in a live setting, and I'm still trying to figure-out why the entire audience was bouncing up and down? Today's attendants respond this way no matter who's playing. The response is always the same... "It was awesome!" "Totally cool!" "Best band ever!" "Next-level talent!" :oops:

Last edited:
I'm not super familiar with Polyphia but I do dig this song; the drummer and bassist fuck especially hard

Exactly. I watched a video of his band in a live setting, and I'm still trying to figure-out why the entire audience was bouncing up and down? Today's attendants respond this way no matter who's playing. The response is always the same... "It was awesome!" "Totally cool!" "Best band ever!" "Next-level talent!" :oops:
People these days have to pretend to like modern music as it 10 outta 10 times sucks donkey balls. :D

Back