Boss DD3

I'm interested in this pedal too, since I found one for 40 bucks the other day and held back. I've heard these are a bit better than the MXR Carbon Copy when it comes to high-gain, and I'm just wanting to have something with different flavor around anyway.

NO. I think you'll find a lot of pro pedalboards with these pedals. Very simple, relatively low cost and easy to sell if you don't like it. Only thing I can add is, stay away from the Danelectro pedals (for delay).

It didn't suck too much tone when I had one. Nice little pedal for what it does, and modding it is fairly easy. The lack of a ducker was real annoying for me, and I eventually sold it to a friend. I guess I'm too spoiled by rack effects.

The DD-3 is right up there with all other Boss stomp boxes as far as reliability, durabilty and minimal tone suckage. IMO, it's kinda hard to beat a Boss pedal for the price. As soon as you leave that Boss pedal "retial niche", you are in the land of diminishing returns on price vs. noticable improvement...

I had one for years and it served me well, on second thought it might have been a DD-2. Either way, basically the same animal. I replaced it with a PS-3 because it was like $10 more and had pitch shifting bells and whistles that I never ended up using :doh:

Yeah, its a pretty simple good sounding pedal. Just repeats what you put into it :D

Ive had one for a few years. I need to get more use out of that thing, because I never hook it up!

thanks for the input guys! I ended up getting a deal for a DD5. so thats what I got. Havent tried it yet but I think it should work. I hope it doesnt muddy up my tone. the carbon copy did that and I hated it

Back