Don’t get caught up
In the head games that they play
Break on through
And you’ll find your way

Breaking away from
That herd mentality
Giving yourself the space
For a new reality

Very well put together, Mark. I like the imagination shown and elegant resolutions to questions.

Only thing is I'd have used some different levels:
Lead vox down a little.
Lead vox with harmonies down a LOT.
Rhythm guitar up a fair bit.
Lead guitar used to "answer" vocal lines down a bit.

It's just a levels thing that's the final hurdle to it sounding fully-pro IMHO; the individual components, arrangement and performances are all great! :rock:

Monkey Man":p83svtc1 said:
Very well put together, Mark. I like the imagination shown and elegant resolutions to questions.

Only thing is I'd have used some different levels:
Lead vox down a little.
Lead vox with harmonies down a LOT.
Rhythm guitar up a fair bit.
Lead guitar used to "answer" vocal lines down a bit.

It's just a levels thing that's the final hurdle to it sounding fully-pro IMHO; the individual components, arrangement and performances are all great! :rock:

Everything you said is on my final checklist. Good ears. Great comments!! Just feeling things through a bit. Listening to it on multiple devices and platforms..

I'm relieved to hear you're still refining the mix, man; I was afraid my comments might've been out-of-line 'cause the horse had already bolted.

FWIMBW, I'm listening on a Mac 2012 cheese grater's mono speaker. I like to call it a CrapMac™ system 'cause there's no bass response below 3 or 400Hz. It also only plays at very-low volume, plus it's on the floor! :LOL: :LOL:

Short story, sorry I couldn't comment on bass, either playing or level, 'cause I literally cannot hear even a hint of it.

So glad you're able to take some input onboard, Mark. Maybe you could link to the piece after a bit more progress? :thumbsup:

Night-and-day difference! Awesome, man.

Well done, Mark. :rock:

Seriously man, it now invites one into listening and encourages one to stay there, whereas previously the whacky-levels thing was a put-off. Really enjoyed listening this time 'round. :thumbsup:

OK, just felt I ought to publicly give you the credit you deserve, Mark, having listened to 5 or 6 times now:

Very-rare I listen to a track more than once. Sensational piece! :rock:

Monkey Man":1nijq6yu said:
OK, just felt I ought to publicly give you the credit you deserve, Mark, having listened to 5 or 6 times now:

Very-rare I listen to a track more than once. Sensational piece! :rock:

Thanks MM. I appreciate you taking time to listen!! Cheers Mate!!

No worries bud. :thumbsup:

Ended up listening about a dozen times and now the verse is stuck in my head. That'll learn me. :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

Back