Cab to pair with Hermansson. Give me ideas !

SBlue

My Hermansson, 79 Super Bass with the 5 gain stage, sounds incredible through Heritage G12-H30 55hz, 97 25w Greenback reissue, old G12-65... can't wait to try it with the 65 watt Creambacks.
So far, my favorite is the G12-65. They are very dark, and need volume to brighten up... but when you give it some volume, it sounds amazing.

Techdeth

My Hermansson, 79 Super Bass with the 5 gain stage, sounds incredible through Heritage G12-H30 55hz, 97 25w Greenback reissue, old G12-65... can't wait to try it with the 65 watt Creambacks.
So far, my favorite is the G12-65. They are very dark, and need volume to brighten up... but when you give it some volume, it sounds amazing.
I was looking at 800 cab that has those speakers . Share me some clips again ! I’d love more

SQUAREHEAD

Sorry for going off topic a bit here but has anyone compared the G12M-65 cream backs to the late 70s / 80s 65 watters?
I know, Rick from Wizard really likes these 65 creamback speakers.

Last edited:

Spaceboy

The fanes?
nah they were eminence p50es but this was like ten years ago, they might load different speakers these days. the speakers has a weird sizzly high end that drove me nuts.

Techdeth

The fanes?
nah they were eminence p50es but this was like ten years ago, they might load different speakers these days. the speakers has a weird sizzly high end that drove me nuts.
I hear the fane 70s sound good in them these days . But over sizzle is bad

311splawndude

Since it hasn't been brought up also consider a Splawn cab. Very well made and Scott's Small Block speakers are like higher wattage Greenbacks.

Techdeth

Since it hasn't been brought up also consider a Splawn cab. Very well made and Scott's Small Block speakers are like higher wattage Greenbacks.
Thank you for the recommendation! I’ll check out his site . I e honestly never got a chance to try any amps or cabs by Splawn but heard some great clips

fearhk213

I hear the fane 70s sound good in them these days . But over sizzle is bad
The F70s sounds a good hit darker than V30s here in the same cab. I realize the Diezel and Fatbottom cabs are going to be different construction wise, but if you’re finding a front loaded Diezel V30 cab too dark already there’s a good chance the frontloaded fatbottom F70 cab will be too dark also.