Can an Uberschall be set up to be used at "HALF POWER"??

Dark Aardvark

I've been reading my brains out but this seems to either not be the case at all or just never addressed so I'm asking . . .

The Ecstacy 101B apparently can do this without a compromise in it's sound quality so I was just wondering if the Uber does it or can be altered to do it as well??

Why? Because I plan on recording this Uber beast and it sure would be great to get some brutality out of it without the local authorities being called everytime I track it. I've had a Dual Rectifier for about 14 years and we do fine with that volume-wise, but we've also got an Orange Rocker 30, which is half the power of that one and we do seem to get a little more "flavor" out of it at lower volumes.

Anybody?

The master works fine, you won't need anything. You need to be much louder to get a good tone out of a rectifier for tracking.

nbarts":1pgkld46 said:
The master works fine, you won't need anything. You need to be much louder to get a good tone out of a rectifier for tracking.
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it either. My Uber has one of the best masters I've ever heard.

Frank

fearhk213":1kvw1c56 said:
nbarts":1kvw1c56 said:
Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it either. My Uber has one of the best masters I've ever heard.

Frank

+ 1. I once tried removing 2 power tubes from the Uber for a half power deal. Never again; it lost ALL its balls. Other amps are not bad running on 2 tubes, not the Uber.

Back