Captor X disconnected and reconnected randomly?

BZGS

After I installed the Torpedo Remote and finished all the registering steps and log into it, sometimes, the Remote window would disappear in 1 second, then the red flash showed in the Captor X (8 ohm), after that the Remote window would show again with a very quick validating cabs line just like I started up the Remote, finally it would pop out a Captor USB disconnection window. The attached photo shows what I said. It is random without any clues. Sometimes it would pop out 2, 3 times in just 1 min or 1 time over 1 hour. At least, I haven't found out any reasons. It doesn't have any influence on the sound, and I could still play my guitar and hear the sound via my audio interface. It is just annoying. I checked out my device manager and turn off all the USB power consumption reduce when not in use option. Besides, I tried several USB ports of my computer which is newly built in September. By the way, I do have another Captor X 16 ohm version, and it is the same!

Hardware: Intel 10700k, MSI Z490 Carbon wifi, 32G Ram, no overclocking on CPU, but XMP on Ram

What should I do to fix it? Thanks!

Attachments

• I~H33]W9ZI2]X5DAG0Q%A[D.png
    I~H33]W9ZI2]X5DAG0Q%A[D.png
    502 KB · Views: 131
I experienced this issue as well tonight with my Captor X (16 ohm). Everything seems to be ok after I clicked on "Ok".

My setup is as follows:
Machine: 2018 Mac Mini with i5, 16 GB RAM and 512 GB hard drive

I experienced this issue as well tonight with my Captor X (16 ohm). Everything seems to be ok after I clicked on "Ok".

My setup is as follows:
Machine: 2018 Mac Mini with i5, 16 GB RAM and 512 GB hard drive

Great! I know I wouldn't be the only one who has the problem.
What are the version of your Torpedo Remote and the firmware of your Captor X?

I have been testing for almost one month and tried all three units I have. They all have the same issue no matter which USB port or cable I try. I even tried it on my other computer, and still the same. In the beginning, the Two Notes tech support team thought it was a hardware issue, so I got a brand new one to test it again. Still the same. They then thought it would not be a hardware issue. They developed 2 debug versions for me, and the good news is, the second debug version seems like fix the problem. I started my test around 10:00 am yesterday, and it lasted for about 36 hours(yes, I leave my computer on all the time) without one disconnection and reconnection window pop out. Since you are using Mac OS, I think they may need to develop a debug version for you as well, and see if it is actually the same issue from a technical perspective.

The thing is, many people may ignore the pop-out window and check "Do not show the window next time". Then, next time when the same problem happens, there will be no pop-out window as a reminder, instead, the software will just flash in the taskbar just like you get a download finished or someone sends you a message via skype. Besides, it is random, and sometimes, I need to run for 4-5 hours then get the first disconnection and reconnection window. Well, some people tend to close the Torpedo Remote window after they adjust the parameters. However, I asked another user who has Captor X, he hadn't encountered such a problem even in a long run. I am not sure if he did a long run test like me, but I guess it is not a common issue. It may be triggered by some specific reasons. I leave that to the tech support team.

I just got mine a week ago and downloaded the latest Torpedo Remote software from the website (I believe it's v5.3.11) and my Captor X did a firmware upgrade to 5.06 when I first set it up. I've also noticed the issue with The Torpedo Remote Software v1.3.11 on my Samsung S10e - I get a "Connection lost" message. In the smartphone case I actually have to re-connect to the Captor X to have use of the app again.

I've also tried different USB cables as I thought it was initially because I was using a 10 ft cable. However I have since tried other 10 ft, 6ft, 5ft and 3ft cables but it still happens for me.

For me the issue does not take hours to manifest..it can occur if I walk away from my Mac for a 10-15 coffee break and sometimes it takes longer but still within an hour if I'm not playing or doing anything actively with the software (i.e. I could be browsing in Chrome or Firefox and not have the focus on the Torpedo Remote software).

My day job is doing software QA so Two Notes will probably hear a bit from me as I find issues every now and then LOL.

I just got mine a week ago and downloaded the latest Torpedo Remote software from the website (I believe it's v5.3.11) and my Captor X did a firmware upgrade to 5.06 when I first set it up. I've also noticed the issue with The Torpedo Remote Software v1.3.11 on my Samsung S10e - I get a "Connection lost" message. In the smartphone case I actually have to re-connect to the Captor X to have use of the app again.

I've also tried different USB cables as I thought it was initially because I was using a 10 ft cable. However I have since tried other 10 ft, 6ft, 5ft and 3ft cables but it still happens for me.

For me the issue does not take hours to manifest..it can occur if I walk away from my Mac for a 10-15 coffee break and sometimes it takes longer but still within an hour if I'm not playing or doing anything actively with the software (i.e. I could be browsing in Chrome or Firefox and not have the focus on the Torpedo Remote software).

My day job is doing software QA so Two Notes will probably hear a bit from me as I find issues every now and then LOL.

That's very good! I believe you can help them to find out the actual reason behind it.

At the very beginning, I had that problem happened in minutes, but it lasted for a long period of time after I downgraded the software to 5.3.6. Sometimes 4-5 hours, but 10 mins, 30 mins and so on happened too.

I don't know software, but I believe I am good at testing. Different cables, USB ports, bios USB setting, Windows power saving options, reinstalling software, reinstall hardware, different OS(Win 10 and Win 7), different computers, removing all other USB devices except mouse and keyboard, disable WIFI, bluetooth on my computer, undo-overclocking CPU, believe it or not, I even suspected that it may be related to the toggle switch behind controlling power attenuation, although I did not even connect a cable there. The only thing I did not check is the voltage from the power supply. I guess I was crazy.

One thing I noticed about the disconnection is the alert sound from Win 10. Normally, when the USB device is disconnected from the computer, there will be a sound notifying it. In this case, it doesn't have that sound. When I run the debug version, it tells me "Device not detected correctly." The Two Notes tech support team told me that " We understand now where the issue comes from. Sometimes, for an unknown reason, the Windows driver does not send all the information related to the Torpedo when we query them." However, they still couldn't manage to reproduce the issue although they ran a test all weekend on 3 different computers. On the contrary, my three units have the same issue on my two computers.
There must be a reason behind to trigger the issue. Hope you guys can find it out. Cheers!

After I checked out the log file and then find out, it actually happened 11 times on 11th January and 3 times on 12th January. The tech team told me that "Windows driver does not return all the information it is supposed to return", and the debug version 2 chose to ignore that since Torpedo X is still connected to the computer, which is true since I didn't have any problem adjusting parameters and operating the Torpedo Remote. That's why I didn't get any disconnection window. I don't know if it could be called fixed, but I don't think that fix what really triggers the problem.

After I checked out the log file and then find out, it actually happened 11 times on 11th January and 3 times on 12th January. The tech team told me that "Windows driver does not return all the information it is supposed to return", and the debug version 2 chose to ignore that since Torpedo X is still connected to the computer, which is true since I didn't have any problem adjusting parameters and operating the Torpedo Remote. That's why I didn't get any disconnection window. I don't know if it could be called fixed, but I don't think that fix what really triggers the problem.

Whatever is triggering it seems to be happening with Mac OS X too. I guess I'll go ahead and create a support ticket.

11/01/2021 10:12:50: Leaving: Torpedo window creation That's when I started the debug version 2
11/01/2021 11:27:05: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 12:17:00: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 14:01:48: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 14:12:04: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 16:17:56: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 16:25:47: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 16:31:24: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 18:49:06: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 19:31:46: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 19:40:31: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 20:20:06: Device not detected correctly:

I used the computer from 9:00 am to 11:30 pm, then left the computer on for the whole night for testing purposes.
As you can see, nothing happened for the whole night plus the morning of the day.

12/01/2021 15:49:08: Device not detected correctly:
12/01/2021 16:07:01: Device not detected correctly:
12/01/2021 19:01:53: Device not detected correctly:

Right now it is around 9:00 am 13th January, and I just checked out the log, nothing happened since the last one.
I left the computer on and no one touched the mouse and keyboard as before.

If you get a debug version, you can compare these to your logs, and see if there is any clue based on time slots.

11/01/2021 10:12:50: Leaving: Torpedo window creation That's when I started the debug version 2
11/01/2021 11:27:05: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 12:17:00: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 14:01:48: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 14:12:04: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 16:17:56: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 16:25:47: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 16:31:24: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 18:49:06: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 19:31:46: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 19:40:31: Device not detected correctly:
11/01/2021 20:20:06: Device not detected correctly:

I used the computer from 9:00 am to 11:30 pm, then left the computer on for the whole night for testing purposes.
As you can see, nothing happened for the whole night plus the morning of the day.

12/01/2021 15:49:08: Device not detected correctly:
12/01/2021 16:07:01: Device not detected correctly:
12/01/2021 19:01:53: Device not detected correctly:

Right now it is around 9:00 am 13th January, and I just checked out the log, nothing happened since the last one.
I left the computer on and no one touched the mouse and keyboard as before.

If you get a debug version, you can compare these to your logs, and see if there is any clue based on time slots.

No debug version yet as they just requested a copy of my log.

While reviewing the log I did see this:

12/01/2021 20:47:03: [Error]: buildModel@69: Fail to receive setup from Torpedo:
12/01/2021 20:47:03: [Error]: failed@47: Command N6remote28SessionInitializationCommandE failed:Device has been disconnected
12/01/2021 20:47:03: [Error]: sessionInitializeCommandDone@332: Failed to initialize torpedo session:Device has been disconnected

However, it hasn't disconnected at all since that time and it's been on all morning...very strange...

12/01/2021 20:47:03: [Error]: buildModel@69: Fail to receive setup from Torpedo:
12/01/2021 20:47:03: [Error]: failed@47: Command N6remote28SessionInitializationCommandE failed:Device has been disconnected
12/01/2021 20:47:03: [Error]: sessionInitializeCommandDone@332: Failed to initialize torpedo session:Device has been disconnected

However, it hasn't disconnected at all since that time and it's been on all morning...very strange...

Yes, it keeps the connection via USB, so you can still adjust parameters in Torpedo Remote, no influence on the sound, not even a pause.
Your log looks different than mine. When I use a formal version, my log looks like this: (Yes, it's been one month almost.)
15/12/2020 14:55:45: Leaving: Torpedo window creation
15/12/2020 14:57:54: Entering: Torpedo deletion

When it happens, I will save a log and find out the time. Then I know that's it.

22 times recorded in the log with around 3 and a half hours left for today, what happened? That's crazy. I started to think about if it is really a"finished product".

Torpedo Remote 5.3.12 formal version is available to download. Hope it also fixes your problem!

Back