Charvel Dan, where are you?

His departure shook every member to their very core. I remember when the entirety of rigtalk was in deep mourning over Charvel Dans disappearance. Wow, that was so deep and so very sad. Just, poof, and he was gone.

I remember that he briefly returned, cleverly disguising himself with a new user name.and he had everyone fooled, but then once again, poof, he was gone, and with him, the heart and soul of rigtalk as well. I think we can accurately pinpoint that as the turning point of rigtalk, when things seemingly started to SITEdrifter in the wrong direction.

What happened to that guy? He was a true original, of the most bizarre kind. Never was there a devotee to Dave Friedman like Charvel Dan. He was shouting to the heavens about the magical mysteries of Dave’s circuits, and the tones that would summon the hottest women on earth. Charvel Dan explained it once like a snake charmer, except when you played a Friedman, it was beautiful women that responded rather than a venomous snake.

What about his encyclopedic knowledge of anything guitar or amp related?

His seemingly never ending enthusiasm for good natured insults, except when he crossed the line, which did seem to happen pretty often? What happened to all those hilarious pictures people used to make with the head and face of Charvel Dan attached? Damn, I miss that guy and his childlike mischief. There wasn’t much funnier than the misadventures of Charvel Dan.

Charvel Dan, where are you? Are you lurking under a different name? Show yourself! I know you are here!

images

Charvel Dan Charvel Dan

Only shakes, a lady's hand

Makes a thread, any size

Takes lots o shit, from mapz guys

Watch out, here comes the CharvelDan

Playing Friedmans while he cannnn

ZSj6.gif

Last edited:
He posted something in a thread in the Digital & Modeling Gear section of TGP yesterday...someone commented that they were shocked to see a post from him after all these years.

Back