Compare the Front-and Rearloaded Diezel 412 V30

volkair

Hi..

I would like to collect some opinions to the Diezel Fl anbd RL 4x12 Cabs with V30.
I´m playing my Einstein through a FL and to me it became more and more to "hard", I would rather say "aggresive" for my style of music. It´s too fizzy, at the beginning I blamed it on the new V30, but now I played some V30 Cabs, and the sound of more than one fits me more than with my Diezel Cab.

I´ve never played a Rearloaded Diezel. So I can´t compare. But I remeber Peter S.´s words, when he told me, that the Rears are more smooth. That would in fact be, what I have in mind. Less sratchy mids, more smooth sounding. I comparde different cabs from Marshall/Mesa, and I´m more into the Mesa Traditional, for it can handle more Bass as e.g. the Marshall BV can.

I´m not very happy with my decision, but the sound won´t fit me, although the V30s in other cabs are very well...I tried a lot, with different microphoning positions, but all time I had this much too brutal "something", that is definetly to much for me. I would like to test a Diezel Rearloaded cab, if this cab may fit better for me? I really like the way, my Einstein cuts through the mix, but a bit less brutal would be fine...

I have both cabinets for a long time now. Compared to the FL cab, the RL has more bass, less highs, more high mids and a slower response and is more directional. It's still tight but you can clearly hear a difference. I think it all comes down to personal preference, your playing style and the sound you want to achieve. But keep in mind that you can't change the character of the V30s completely, i.e getting rid of the "fizzy" high mids and the scooped low mids. Maybe changing the V30s in your FL to an Eminence Governors would be another option to think about.

Hope that helped a bit.

Maybe I answered myself without knowing it, but so far it's all theoretical, because neither I played a Rearloaded Diezelcab nor a Mesa Trad. OT Stilettocab. So I collect opinions, nur Od course I try to play them soon. I only tried a Mesa OS, but it seems to be to much bassy...( can I say it like that?)
But I only played it for a short time, so I can't image the full range So far...

That Einy will handle two cabs. Run one of each, which is what I prefer do with most my amps. You get the best of both worlds. There's nothing wrong with the V30's, depending on the volume you play at. At low volumes, you got to endure some fizz. The louder, and less gain you run, it will clear itself up. If you are going to stick with the front load and need to do something to take the edge off, replace two of the V30's with G12T75's. They really round out well and compliment the V30's. They are about the same wattage too, so you get fairly even levels of response.

Steve

Back