Craziest College Football Season I've Ever Seen

LedZep77

Seriously, this has been the most unpredictable (and exciting) year of college football I've ever seen.

My Noles got beat today, but it was great to see the Illini knock off THE Ohio State University.

:yes:

LedZep77":097e4 said:
Seriously, this has been the most unpredictable (and exciting) year of college football I've ever seen.

My Noles got beat today, but it was great to see the Illini knock off THE Ohio State University.

and sorry to say it was my Hokies that did it ;)

grooveHT":a29ba said:
LedZep77":a29ba said:

:gethim:

It was Florida State's first lost to a ranked opponent this year........and they are 6-4 :confused:

LedZep77":2c104 said:
grooveHT":2c104 said:
LedZep77":2c104 said:

:gethim:

It was Florida State's first lost to a ranked opponent this year........and they are 6-4 :confused:

it has been a crazy f-ed up season, no doubt.

It's funny up here in Oregon. Everyone is talking about how the Ducks should have a shot at the title game now since Ohio State lost. There are still 2 undefeated teams (KU and frickin' Hawaii.) I think LSU would have to lose another one and at least one of the the other undefeateds would have to drop one as well.

I love that the Big 10 will be decided by Michigan/OSU. That game is going to be BRILLIANT.

It all comes down to strength of schedule....honestly it pains me to think that another WAC team could make the title game.

But with that said, all I can say is GO DUCKS!

I am proclaiming right now that Illinois goes to a BCS bowl game next year or the year after. If they had a strong recruiting class after last year, then they should get some real good players next season.

As far as FSU goes, I'm really not sure, because they may be the most inconsistent team in college football right now :doh:

craziest year I've ever seen by far. 6 of the last 7 weeks a team ranked in the top 3 has lost!

grooveHT":60b36 said:
LedZep77":60b36 said:

Hell yeah!!! Go Hokieeeees!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, OSU fan here...... :aww: The Illini just flat kicked our butts yesterday. Good on them, except for trying to jump on Block O after the game, classless, but hey they played well.

I think the Ducks are an awesome team too and think they should be at least one of the teams to play in the title game. Although Kansas did impress me last night........Kansas?? Are you kidding??

Should be interesting to see how it plays out. LSU and Oregon should be a good matchup if that's the way it turns out.

This year just begs for some type of playoff system. LSU, Oregon, and the big 12 winner all deserve a shot (Missouri plays Kansas, then the winner most likely plays OU, so the Big 12 will sort itself out). Maybe throw OSU and WV in there too, although I've always thought both of those programs have been highly over rated for the past 2-3 years. Either way we need a playoff or a +1 game or something.

Megadeth7684":9f314 said:
EightmanVT":9f314 said:
Megadeth7684":9f314 said:
If WVU would have beat stupid South Florida we would probably be ranked number 1 right now. :doh: :cry:

WHich would be a serious travesty!!!! :thumbsdown:

Don't be jealous. ;) :D

Of WVU??? Stuck in the MAC...errr I mean Big Least...that UCONN was leading...nah...no chance of that. WVU is the best team by far in the Big East...but that's about all they've got going for them. I mean...seriously...if by some fluke they got to the NC game and won - every couch within a 3 state radius would be in serious danger.... :LOL: :LOL:

IMO, the reason the college FB season has been all out of whack is becuase the order of things is just not right. I mean, my beloved Huskers have a losing season!?! And Mizzou and KU are in the top 5!!!???? WTF!!!

My Huskers need to hire a good HC and restore the order of the college football universe so that Saturdays are fun again...right now, they're just embarassing. I usually think FB season is way too short...but this year can't end soon enough for me.

Go Big Red

EightmanVT":35e31 said:
grooveHT":35e31 said:
LedZep77":35e31 said:

Hey Eightman, what years did you go to VT? I know we had this conversation before, but I forgot! :doh: I was in the corps there 96-2000...bandsman too (/dork on)

grooveHT":1b6e8 said:
EightmanVT":1b6e8 said:
grooveHT":1b6e8 said:

Hey Eightman, what years did you go to VT? I know we had this conversation before, but I forgot! :doh: I was in the corps there 96-2000...bandsman too (/dork on)
Go Hokies! I was in the MVs from 95-98, so I'm sure we shared the same field. :)

EightmanVT":45cb3 said:
Of WVU??? Stuck in the MAC...errr I mean Big Least...that UCONN was leading...nah...no chance of that. WVU is the best team by far in the Big East...but that's about all they've got going for them. I mean...seriously...if by some fluke they got to the NC game and won - every couch within a 3 state radius would be in serious danger.... :LOL: :LOL:

Again, don't be jealous. :LOL: :LOL:

Back