DC30 clone finally done!

cyndicate

Finally done! Built a DC30 clone w/ MM transformers, last build for awhile.. pretty loud for a 30w amp so i'm going to be installing a VVR (power scaling) into it to tame the volume since the MV sucks.

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

Dude! You're an amp building machine! Nice work...

Oh and... CLIPS OF ALL THESE BUILDS NOW! :gethim: :LOL: :LOL:

Steve

Beautiful work! If the MV is anything like my Chieftain, I don't even know why its there...there are no good dirty tones in that amp below divorce inducing levels. :D
Cleans on the other hand are awesome from a whisper to stage volume.

sah5150":2261zf60 said:
Dude! You're an amp building machine! Nice work...

Oh and... CLIPS OF ALL THESE BUILDS NOW! :gethim: :LOL: :LOL:

Steve

Thanks Steve! Hoping to get clips up when I go over to Josh's sometime this weekend or next. He currently has my zoom which was my only means of recording :) Just getting some practice in so when I attempt to build yours it wouldn't drive me insane :LOL: :LOL:

rupe":1qei4kb6 said:
Beautiful work! If the MV is anything like my Chieftain, I don't even know why its there...there are no good dirty tones in that amp below divorce inducing levels. :D
Cleans on the other hand are awesome from a whisper to stage volume.

Thanks! Yep it's pretty much useless, with it engaged it sounds like crap. I'm waiting on a few caps and I should have the VVR installed to try and get some dirty tones out of the EF86 channel. Right now I drilled a hole under the board and put it in the middle of the amp, thinking about relocating it to the front in place of the MV.

nice! I ordered a VVR for my plexi, but it was too complicated so it's sitting in a bag somewhere in a room I never go into :cry:

droptrd":2gzjhxbf said:
Nice work :thumbsup: Is this another Ceriatone build?

Yeah I ordered the barekit around the same time as my dumble clone to save on shipping. It was the bare kit which was about $360, and I got the transformers from MM for about $450.

dstroud":dme9fp47 said:
nice! I ordered a VVR for my plexi, but it was too complicated so it's sitting in a bag somewhere in a room I never go into :cry:

I'm still trying to figure it out, I installed it the first time but I re-read the instructions and I forgot one step.. supposed to install a 0.01uF cap and a 1m resistor before the grid.

jerrydyer":dme9fp47 said:
Nik makes good stuff. big diff between malaysia and china. No poison in the product ..

Definitely, his prices are more than reasonable and he actually uses good components and pots.

Nice Job Wil. If you are going to Josh's this weekend, I can probably go for an hour. Grandpappy's b-day in L.A.

Back