Diezel Herbert MK I Tube Question.....

xfactor23

Hey Guys,

I have a MK I Herbert I picked up. The tubes were shot in it so I got new tubes. I was only able to get 1 - Mesa EL 34 STR 447 duet matched, 1 - Mesa EL34 STR450 duet matched, and duet matched mullard el34.

Is there an issue with running all 6 tubes in the Herbert? Right now each duet is matched in the proper setting so 1-6 = Mesa EL34 STR447, 2-5= Mullard el34, and 3-4= Mesa EL34 STR450.

I'm reading this shouldn't be an issue but I wanted to check here since you guys know the history and the specs.

Thanks!

Hey Guys,

I have a MK I Herbert I picked up. The tubes were shot in it so I got new tubes. I was only able to get 1 - Mesa EL 34 STR 447 duet matched, 1 - Mesa EL34 STR450 duet matched, and duet matched mullard el34.

Is there an issue with running all 6 tubes in the Herbert? Right now each duet is matched in the proper setting so 1-6 = Mesa EL34 STR447, 2-5= Mullard el34, and 3-4= Mesa EL34 STR450.

I'm reading this shouldn't be an issue but I wanted to check here since you guys know the history and the specs.

Thanks!
Quite the triplets ya got going on there - but ya - so long as each matched pair is biased as a pair accordingly, you will be fine.

All different EL34 flavours - this oughta be interesting.

Keep us posted.
UnkleMo

Hey Guys,

Thanks!

Try changing mullards to TAD EL34BSTRs it just sound tighter in the Herbie !! if your looking at EL34s in ya herbie.... not sure of the Mesa Strs you have there.. it maybe akin to TAD EL34bstrs?

Back