SOLD - Diezel Herbert MK I

tonesfoyobones

Diezel Herbert MKi. Loaded with 6-Gold Lion KT77's and Ruby pre's. All tubes are less than 15 hours old give or take. Home played only. Overall the condition is pretty clean with a few marks here and there. I recently had it at the shop for service and to have the repairs done that Peter mentions in the service manual. While there the caps where replaced as well as a resistor was replaced. One of the caps was not up to par so he replaced them all. Best money that I could have spent! Was hesitant to do them all but the end result left me speechless. Can go into more detail with those interested.

Great amp to say the least. My favorite Herbert out of a few.

Service
- cleaned all controls, set bias.
- filter caps replaced
- resistor replaced
6x- Gold Lion KT77's
6x- Ruby pre's

$SOLD TYD. Split the fees if that's your method of payment.

* I do have a Diezel front loaded V30 4x12 if interested

IMG_1961.jpg
IMG_1962.jpg
IMG_1963.jpg
IMG_1966.jpg
IMG_1965.jpg
IMG_1967.jpg

Last edited:
I have a rr1 I might off, it is the white with black pin stripes

Attachments

• FD99116E-2534-4180-8EF9-AE34DF441FF0.jpeg
    FD99116E-2534-4180-8EF9-AE34DF441FF0.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 37
Isnt changing of the resistor values for less compression for da VH4 on the service manual?
I'm not sure. My tech was in contact with Peter throughout it's time on his bench and all was done per their conversations. I was very adamant about him being in contact to make sure that all was done per Papa's approval lol.
I think that resistor was a replacement and not a "value change". When he told me that he did the repair per the manual it was for the filter caps.
Apologize for any confusion.

Last edited:
I'm not sure. My tech was in contact with Peter throughout it's time on his bench and all was done per their conversations. I was very adamant about him being in contact to make sure that all was done per Papa's approval lol.
I think that resistor was a replacement and not a "value change". When he told me that he did the repair per the manual it was for the filter caps.
Apologize for any confusion.

No problem with that... wow nice pics !! very clean on the inside !! nice Gold lions inside.... unfortunately i gotta MK2 different transformers thou.. but till this day i still wonder if the MK1 actually sound better than MK2 ? anyway good luck on the sale !!

No problem with that... wow nice pics !! very clean on the inside !! nice Gold lions inside.... unfortunately i gotta MK2 different transformers thou.. but till this day i still wonder if the MK1 actually sound better than MK2 ? anyway good luck on the sale !!

You will get some different answers on which version is best. I've tried them all and for me and what I play this particular MK1 was a clear and easy winner. Tried 2 other MK1's as well but I did not make a positive connection.

You will get some different answers on which version is best. I've tried them all and for me and what I play this particular MK1 was a clear and easy winner. Tried 2 other MK1's as well but I did not make a positive connection.
I still like my mk 1 over my mk3. I swear I’m not happy with my diezels until I get the kt77s out though . No vibe to me at all

I had a MK-1 also great amp, what a beast unfortunately I sold it because of gas

Last edited:
My Herbert was used on many records out of audiohammer studios back in the day, and to them it was the best sounding Herbert they had ever heard when it was loaded with 4 6550s, and 2 winged C E34L’s. I haven’t ran that combination since, but it did sound great.

Also I am TELLING you guys…. Drop the damn bias down on the Herbert. Trust me, it’s so easy and quick, just give it a shot. Gold lion kt77s , and the Bias about 40-45MA’s per set: it’s great. Better highs, tighter lows, more aggressive. I have clips of my Einstein that I did it in first. First the normal bias range, the second clip was at 45 ma’s and it was godly. Huge difference under a mic especially. Give it a shot. Peter disagrees with me about this but man every time I show people my Herbert, there is not one person to this day that likes it biased hotter in the “normal” range vs slightly colder around 45 MA’s. Not one.

My Herbert was used on many records out of audiohammer studios back in the day, and to them it was the best sounding Herbert they had ever heard when it was loaded with 4 6550s, and 2 winged C E34L’s. I haven’t ran that combination since, but it did sound great.

Also I am TELLING you guys…. Drop the damn bias down on the Herbert. Trust me, it’s so easy and quick, just give it a shot. Gold lion kt77s , and the Bias about 40-45MA’s per set: it’s great. Better highs, tighter lows, more aggressive. I have clips of my Einstein that I did it in first. First the normal bias range, the second clip was at 45 ma’s and it was godly. Huge difference under a mic especially. Give it a shot. Peter disagrees with me about this but man every time I show people my Herbert, there is not one person to this day that likes it biased hotter in the “normal” range vs slightly colder around 45 MA’s. Not one.

May you advise at how much mA you set per bias pot for that two nos of 6550?

Back