Diezel VH4 110 to 220 volts

goingelectric

Hi,

Is the VH4 fixed to 110 volt, or can you switch them to 220 volt like some older marshall amps etc?

What do I do if I brought with me my US VH4 to Europe and want to use it here without using a step-down converter?

T

E-Mail Peter directly and he will show you how to have it converted. It would require desoldering and soldering
a few jumper wires on the power transformer.

The old Blueface VH4 has a switch on the back that you just move to 220.

The newer VH4 has to be soldered or at least so I hear.

EXPcustom":inzbvrqk said:

My last gen. Bluface does not have the switch. :yes:
I believe it had more to do with the market the amp was intended for, ie US no switch, Europe switchable, but I may be wrong. :confused: The first runs of Blueface VH4's may have all been switchable because of their intended market.

Thank you guys for all the help.
And thank you Peter for such excellent service. :)

The amp sounds amazing! :) I'm in tone-nirvana! lol

MOOSEHEADS":vgl3fmdb said:
EXPcustom":vgl3fmdb said:

I believe it had more to do with the market the amp was intended for, ie US no switch, Europe switchable, but I may be wrong. :confused: The first runs of Blueface VH4's may have all been switchable because of their intended market.

Mine had a sticker covering my switch, is there a plastic cover above your outlet? There may be a switch above it, I am not sure? You may be correct.

EXPcustom":1e1o273k said:
MOOSEHEADS":1e1o273k said:
EXPcustom":1e1o273k said:

Mine had a sticker covering my switch, is there a plastic cover above your outlet? There may be a switch above it, I am not sure? You may be correct.

Im pretty sure it just has the spare fuse holder above the power in. I saw a pic somewhere here showing the switch and looked but mine didn't have it.
Send me a pic of yours and I will check to be sure. Or I will take a pic a send it to you. :thumbsup:

Either way that 97 is my goto amp everytime I play :rock: :rock: :rock:

Hi all,
I guess i need a little help for clarification and safety purposes. So more than a decade ago i got my amp (Diezel VH4) in England, since i have moved to China and i brought my amp here. Here the electricity is terribly instable, never constant, sometimes its around 217V, sometimes over 230V. Sometimes my whole rig sounds very powerless, muddy, loses distortion and life. A friend of mine who is way more experienced and knowledgeable about these things once measured everything in my apartment and told me that the electricity is crazy and the voltage is not the only inconsistent thing here. In the last few days i tried as many different things as i could, furman power conditioners, different power regulators (cheap local made ones) but nothing worked. I think however now i have found a "magic" device that keeps everything constant and allows me to set the voltage and frequency to a desired level, its name is Kikusui pcr500m. I plugged it only for a few minutes, didnt change any setting son it, but the result is already better than it was. Please forgive me, i have really no experience and knowledge in this field. Where should i set the voltage and frequency to get a good result? I always thought, 220V and 60Hz is optimal, well maybe im too old and/or i never really had to deal with this before, but now i always hear about 230-240V and im a little confused. Should i turn it up to 240V? Wont it blow the amp or something? What should i be aware of? How not to damage my amp and pedals and if possible how not to kill myself? I would be very appreciated for any help and please forgive me for not having any idea about this issue.
vh4.jpg

Back