Different Ultra options?

OldGtrGuy

Lots of threads to go through on the Uber Ultra and I can't find the information. Doesn't look like Bogner has a website either.

My main question is are the tubes interchangeable? I see there's a KT88 option, EL34 and 6L6. I see people talking about even mixing EL34 and KT88. So does this amp have the bias options? Is each version actually different regarding the tubes you can use or can you just swap any tube you want?

El34 version....which can run kt88's
High plate voltage, 150w version, exclusive to kt88's
6l6 version.

Attachments

• UBERSCHALL-ULTRA-SPECS (1).pdf
    23.1 KB · Views: 22
El34 version....which can run kt88's
High plate voltage, 150w version, exclusive to kt88's
6l6 version.
Thank you that's great. I've played the old Uberschalls with EL34 and KT88. Both were excellent but the clip I heard on YouTube with 6L6 was just instant gratification and sounded better to me than what I've heard from the others. I do need to search more for other EL34/KT88 recordings.

I happened to see the 6L6 pop up for sale the same day I made this thread and I'm excited for it to come in.

Thank you that's great. I've played the old Uberschalls with EL34 and KT88. Both were excellent but the clip I heard on YouTube with 6L6 was just instant gratification and sounded better to me than what I've heard from the others. I do need to search more for other EL34/KT88 recordings.

I happened to see the 6L6 pop up for sale the same day I made this thread and I'm excited for it to come in.
Oh you bought one! Congrats on the new amp!

If you are familiar with the older Uberschall amps and liked them....you will love the Uber Ultra. You can essentially dial in any Uber tone with it, including some super modern, tight ones you could not find in the older amps. You can really tweak the feel/tightness/brightness/saturation to how you like.

Oh you bought one! Congrats on the new amp!

If you are familiar with the older Uberschall amps and liked them....you will love the Uber Ultra. You can essentially dial in any Uber tone with it, including some super modern, tight ones you could not find in the older amps. You can really tweak the feel/tightness/brightness/saturation to how you like.
Yeah it was shipped out today so hopefully I get it soon. I have played the original green users and the twin jet, both fantastic and I already know the ultra will deliver.

Back