Dirty Shirley w/bright switch

ZEN Amps

Howdy - was considering pickup up a Twin Sister but am told by the local dealer (in Australia) that won't happen for a while, so am now looking to the DS40.

Question for Sister owners - how useful do you find the bright switch? This and the variable deep are part of the appeal, and missing on the DS.

And Dave if you're reading, would you be happy to share the details of the bright switch should I purchase the amp (through Deluxe in Melb)? Thought I could add it via push/pull so I don't have to drill the chassis.

Both the bright and deep make a major difference on the TS. I’d definitely hold out for one. And the second channel makes the amp more versatile

Ok thanks man. Yeah the TS is my first choice but the dealer is saying it's unknown... likely months, and I need to spend up by end of June to keep the tax man at bay. Studio use only so the second channel isn't a big deal, but sounds like the other additions are worthwhile.

I feel like they both made a big difference. I couldn’t get the sound of the switches in a standard Shirley. There are mods that Dave has done to DS40s that can add a bright and deep switch.

Back