Disasters That Should Be A Major Film Production

Mark Skid

Just 12 years after rescheduling their passage to America aboard the the RMS Titanic, my grandmother's cousin and husband could not escape fate. While driving east on Erie Blvd, an F4 tornado swept-in off of Lake Erie. Their vehicle was struck by a sign that was torn from the Broadway Building, killing both of them instantly. My dad (only 5 at the time) and grandma took refuse in the Lorain National Bank building which proved to be the safest place to be. They watched out the window as cars and people were being sucked into the air, never to come down. Vehicles (with people still in them) were thrown in every direction, some as far as 5 miles from where they sat. The stories of carnage still ring clear today. My dad said he could hear people screaming for someone to save them, bodies in trees... Why a movie has never been made about this event, I do not know? These clips are worth checking out...

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 12.40.36 AM copy.png

I don't know, have you seen The Impossible?
Extremely well made and acted, and I think it won some awards.
Was based on the true story of some survivors from a family.
By the end of it you can appreciate it for art's sake - it just beats
the living shit out of you emotionally for two hours.

Just 12 years after rescheduling their passage to America aboard the the RMS Titanic, my grandmother's cousin and husband could not escape fate. While driving east on Erie Blvd, an F4 tornado swept-in off of Lake Erie. Their vehicle was struck by a sign that was torn from the Broadway Building, killing both of them instantly. My dad (only 5 at the time) and grandma took refuse in the Lorain National Bank building which proved to be the safest place to be. They watched out the window as cars and people were being sucked into the air, never to come down. Vehicles (with people still in them) were thrown in every direction, some as far as 5 miles from where they sat. The stories of carnage still ring clear today. My dad said he could hear people screaming for someone to save them, bodies in trees... Why a movie has never been made about this event, I do not know? These clips are worth checking out...

This happened in 1924, how old are you 70? Cause even if your dad was a kid he would be 95 -100 years old

This happened in 1924, how old are you 70? Cause even if your dad was a kid he would be 95 -100 years old.
That is correct... The event took place in 1924. I am 58 years old. If still living, my father would be 101 years old. If you need help understanding basic arithmetic, I'm here to help.

Last edited:
I bet old school meets crazy 70`s
To say he was not a fan of 60's/70's pop culture would be putting it mildly. I relished it, of course. He did like a few Three Dog Night songs though. Jimi Hendix and Deep Purple music use to drive him nuts! :LOL:

They didn't have much warning of weather events back then. It's amazing when you think about how times have change. My Dad use to tell us they had a horse and buggy till he was 5. We would just laugh.

Here's an idea:

Bunch of guys in a forum realize they share the same bigotries, homophobias, and other vile
social stigmas. They all long for an autocracy and a social order like in The Handsmaid's Tale.

They find over time that constantly liking one another's posts brings a shared comfort to their
ugly, ugly worlds.

And they all lived happily ever after.

The End.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back