DOD YJM308 mods? Analogman 741 ”mojo” mod?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jakem
  • Start date Start date
Jakem
Jakem
Hi all,

Anyone modded their DOD YJM308s in any ways? Any experience of the AnalogMan 741 ”mojo” mod?

Quite a good description here:
https://www.analogman.com/dodmod.htm

Nice comparison by Elmo here:

I love the DOD YJM308 and Fender YJM OD pedals with the YJM Strat thru my Marshalls but I was thinking about buying another DOD and modding it myself to the 741 ”mojo” mod specs… Does anyone have the AnalogMan mod instructions?

Hi all,

Anyone modded their DOD YJM308s in any ways? Any experience of the AnalogMan 741 ”mojo” mod?

Quite a good description here:
https://www.analogman.com/dodmod.htm

Nice comparison by Elmo here:

I love the DOD YJM308 and Fender YJM OD pedals with the YJM Strat thru my Marshalls but I was thinking about buying another DOD and modding it myself to the 741 ”mojo” mod specs… Does anyone have the AnalogMan mod instructions?

Jesus fuck! Never heard of this guy but shit, he can rip!

I've done the whole 741 vs 1458 thing ages ago when I used to own a DOD 308. I couldn't hear a difference between the two, and the 1458 is a much cleaner way to handle the opamp swap. Analogman kinda gives you instructions in that html page, though.

4558 -> 1458 (Don't think the 741 is worth it)
.001uF -> .01uF
25pf -> Remove

I've done the whole 741 vs 1458 thing ages ago when I used to own a DOD 308. I couldn't hear a difference between the two, and the 1458 is a much cleaner way to handle the opamp swap. Analogman kinda gives you instructions in that html page, though.

4558 -> 1458 (Don't think the 741 is worth it)
.001uF -> .01uF
25pf -> Remove

Yes, the instruction is in there. Looked at the opamps’ pin data sheets and noticed the reason for Analogman’s comments about pin locations. This is easily doable when checking those.

Thanks for the 1458 vs 741 comment! Very interesting to hear experiences about these. 😎

Elmo is testing the new DOD 250 reissue against DOD YJM308 and Fender YJM OD in the vid below. This new reissue has the 741 opamp.

Back