Duncan Jupiter 6 (updated)

fearhk213

These pickups have piqued my interest. Have any of you tried these yet? If so, I'd love to hear your thoughts on them.

the clips sound like a more modern, refined dimebucker. Ive been wanting to try one as well.

I figured I'd update this thread since I decided to take the plunge. I have them in a LP style guitar tuned to D standard. This is guitar isn't fussy with pickups, so I've found it overall a pretty honest guitar for trying new pickups. Here's my take so far...

They're definitely a brighter pickup and the mids do sit back a bit. The mids however are balanced sounding if that makes sense. The lows aren't particularly big, though it's not lacking either. I actually feel like the low end and the way it tracks is one of this pickup's strong points. So yeah, it's kind of a scooped sort of sound, but it's not a typical spikey, scooped eq sound because of the way the mids voiced.

Output wise, they react and feel like a moderately hot pickup with a little bit of compression and saturation. Nothing extreme because the articulation and response is there, but it certainly doesn't feel like a beefed PAF either.

What I really like is the way the low end tracks. These things are definitely accurate with a nice juicy feel and the low end is super controlled for fast and heavy riffing without getting too thin. That also translates under a mic as well. Some of the best pickups I've played as far as that's concerned. What I'm not totally on board with yet is the mids. It sounds great, but they're sitting back a bit more than I personally like in this guitar. I have a sneaking suspicion these will sound better in a super strat style guitar, so I'm going to hopefully try that soon.

I figured I'd update this thread since I decided to take the plunge. I have them in a LP style guitar tuned to D standard. This is guitar isn't fussy with pickups, so I've found it overall a pretty honest guitar for trying new pickups. Here's my take so far...

They're definitely a brighter pickup and the mids do sit back a bit. The mids however are balanced sounding if that makes sense. The lows aren't particularly big, though it's not lacking either. I actually feel like the low end and the way it tracks is one of this pickup's strong points. So yeah, it's kind of a scooped sort of sound, but it's not a typical spikey, scooped eq sound because of the way the mids voiced.

Output wise, they react and feel like a moderately hot pickup with a little bit of compression and saturation. Nothing extreme because the articulation and response is there, but it certainly doesn't feel like a beefed PAF either.

What I really like is the way the low end tracks. These things are definitely accurate with a nice juicy feel and the low end is super controlled for fast and heavy riffing without getting too thin. That also translates under a mic as well. Some of the best pickups I've played as far as that's concerned. What I'm not totally on board with yet is the mids. It sounds great, but they're sitting back a bit more than I personally like in this guitar. I have a sneaking suspicion these will sound better in a super strat style guitar, so I'm going to hopefully try that soon.
Thanks for the Update. Do you have any vids of you playing with them? I'd like to hear how they sound. I've considered using one in an LP Standard I have. I tune all my guitars to D standard so I was even more interested in these.

Thanks for the Update. Do you have any vids of you playing with them? I'd like to hear how they sound. I've considered using one in an LP Standard I have. I tune all my guitars to D standard so I was even more interested in these.
I’ll try and get something in the next few days and post something.

Back