EBMM trems

flametal

I have always been a floyd guy when it comes to my super strats. I have been recently looking into Music Mans and only the axis has a floyd rose. The two questions I have is one, what are the trems on EBMMs like and two have they ever made a model with a floyd which is not an axis? I know Vinnie Moore has one. Thanks for the information.

Both the silhouette and the morse are available with floyd. I personally prefer the vintage trem to the floyd but it comes down to personal preference really.

Tyler

EDIT: An re: the vintage trems, I think they work very well, as long as you aren't doing hardcore divebombs every two seconds.

>|<>QBB<
TWPietz37":92541 said:
Both the silhouette and the morse are available with floyd. I personally prefer the vintage trem to the floyd but it comes down to personal preference really.

Tyler

EDIT: An re: the vintage trems, I think they work very well, as long as you aren't doing hardcore divebombs every two seconds.

I have an Axis SS (comes w/vintage trem) and I pretty much agree with everything above.

I think one version of the 'Luke' may have come with a Floyd but I'm not a 100% sure on that.

The original Silhouettes and Lukes had FR's on them. The only ones now are the Morse and the Axis.
I have never had a problem with the trems at all. They are the same construction as an OFR trem with slightly different cosmetics.
Steve

>|<>QBB<
Code001":37ffd said:
A lot of people comment on how well the EBMM JP trem stays in tune as well.
Yeah, the JP trem is supposed to be the best non locking FLOATING trem, don't quote me on this, not 100% sure but it's supposed to be based on some Wilkinson

>|<>QBB<
Code001":e4268 said:
A lot of people comment on how well the EBMM JP trem stays in tune as well.

Totally forgot about the Petrucci. That's actually a very nice guitar but the fact that the bridge floats and that it has 24 frets is a major turn off for me. I don't know why but I just can't get along with 24 fret necks these days.

Tyler

LOL! It's the exact opposite with me man. I can't get along with guitars that have less than 24 frets and have a fixed or dive-only trem. :(

I have an Axis with the EBMM Floyd and it works perfectly (its flush with the body so you can only drop the pitch).

I just got a Petrucci model, and its has the locking tuners and it works VERY well. Anything besides slack-string dive bombs stays nearly 100% in tune.

The only other non double locking trem that works as well IMO is the one used on PRS guitars...I have a Singlecut Trem which is identical to the JP trem in terms of use vs. tuning stability.

Back