Ecstasy 20th vs Fish

Influenza

Hi Bogner experts,

I consider getting a Bogner and am torn between the Ecstasy 20th (34/AB) and a possible Fish I could get. I own VHT poweramps (2150/Classic).
I am looking for that typical thick Bogner high gain sound, so possibly both will do that.

Is there really a big difference? And would anyone call the Fish dated compared to the 2oth?

Honest opions needed since this might cost me a lot of money. ;-)

Influenza":4uauviaq said:
Hi Bogner experts,

I consider getting a Bogner and am torn between the Ecstasy 20th (34/AB) and a possible Fish I could get. I own VHT poweramps (2150/Classic).
I am looking for that typical thick Bogner high gain sound, so possibly both will do that.

Is there really a big difference? And would anyone call the Fish dated compared to the 2oth?

Honest opions needed since this might cost me a lot of money. ;-)
Zero contest - 20th XTC 100% of the way. ESPECIALLY a 34/AB decked out model.

Trust me.

Hi Ventura,
great I was hoping you would join in. I was a little worried about having just two EQs in the XTC.
I know you also had (or have) a couple of MTS modules. Do they match the original Bogner? I own a Fish, Ecstasy, Überschall and Shiva substitutes and they all sound really great.
So is it worth going for the original?

I used to have all the modded MTS stuff including modded heads. Had the modded Bogner mods also. I own an actual shiva 20th and uber twin jet. They don't compare, Bogner is a tone genious

LunatiBSW":3ia1ykw2 said:
I used to have all the modded MTS stuff including modded heads. Had the modded Bogner mods also. I own an actual shiva 20th and uber twin jet. They don't compare, Bogner is a tone genious
Bingo.

Just hit the button on the 20thEL34 XTC and it's no contest - period. It's the whole package which adds up to more than the sum of its individual parts. It's a masterpiece - IMHO.

Back